Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Stamp Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

We Close our Eyes & Still See Stamps.  

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 14
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
3136 Posts
Posted 04/21/2011   06:44 am  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Aussies at the minute are the buyers.
The rest seem to be window shopping.

I do not think we have any idea in OZ to
what is really going on in the world.

Who would of ever known that the Aussie dollar would go anywhere near the current USA dollar. Today's 107.9c US to the AU dollar says it all.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
3136 Posts
Posted 04/21/2011   06:54 am  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
To us here everything is all about getting the trust of the buyers in the stamps we are selling by putting together a heap of good feed backs. This is going to cost us in the short term but it sets us up for better times ahead.

The finest stamps you can find are from KGV collector's. lol
Valued Member
United States
366 Posts
Posted 04/21/2011   08:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bearwithfish to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
i just read this whole thread! and I can only say WOW! I am just starting out in collecting and I find that I like the kiloware type of buys best myself.. this thread has been full of great information and I have learned a ton..... if I ever decide to venture into stamps out side the US I think I will start with yours!!
Valued Member
United States
366 Posts
Posted 05/03/2011   3:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bearwithfish to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
now I know this looks like a kiss up but... I just got in a bunch of stamps from KGV and WOW... my wife loves then and even I am considering starting up a small WW collection... these were well packed, great variety, and in wonderful condition! thank you KGV!!
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
3136 Posts
Posted 05/03/2011   8:52 pm  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you very much for the very kind words bearwithfish.

To hear a collector excited about stamps is one of the things I like best about our great hobby of stamp collecting. There is something very humbling about it. Big smiles and a family sharing our hobby. Sounds like a description of SCF.

Please say hello to Mrs bearwithfish from us all here. John and Family.
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
3136 Posts
Posted 05/14/2011   05:23 am  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The plan that we started with did not work but we have adjusted to what people will buy. It is as simple as that.

Time to say that things seem to be working out for us listing with eBay. Have listed 76 lots this week. We sold 25 out of 37 lots last week, our biggest week yet. We think 50 listing a week is plenty but time will tell.
If you are interested to see the talk do the walk search eBay with "Australia KGV Side Face Heads" Not looking for buyers just trying to show and tell. The buyers are increasing each week and many are coming back for 2nds and 3rds.

My user name is KG5 Collector.
Still very much a beginner. KGV Collector.
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
3136 Posts
Posted 05/14/2011   06:40 am  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Something interesting that we have found in listing the big ticket items is that they mostly get 10 or 12 watches and 30 or 50 lookers but no bids. We believe that this is because the buyers are waiting to see if next weeks price is lower. I say this because when the item is not listed again for a couple of weeks amazingly the item get a bid in a couple of days and am now increasing the cost of some items that fall into this position and the bids keep happening. This does not always work but mostly it does. We very rarely drop a price and if I do drop a price it is usually because I got it wrong in the 1st place.

Not hard to see where my time is going. KGV

Rest in Peace
Canada
6750 Posts
Posted 05/14/2011   09:15 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Puzzler to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
To search for KGV Collector's sales on eBay dot com (USA) and/or on dot com dot au (Australia) use the user name kg5collector.

Links to the My World pages where you can use the links on the left side of the page to get to the items for sale.
in the
USA
http://myworld.ebay.com/kg5collector/

or
AUSTRALIA
http://myworld.ebay.com.au/kg5collector/
Rest in Peace
Canada
6750 Posts
Posted 05/14/2011   09:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Puzzler to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Happy to see you doing so well KGV. That is a pretty darn good turnover rate or selling rate. I know from experience that you pack and protect items very well also.
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
3136 Posts
Posted 05/17/2011   06:15 am  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks heaps Puzzler for many special reasons. John

May your stamp tongs be always easy to find. lol
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
3136 Posts
Posted 05/17/2011   06:28 am  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
When it comes to the on-line part to this
thread I am still the new boy on the block.

But I am shocked at how little the
stamp offering are on eBay. In some Australia
areas there are no listings at all.
I just do not understand this.

A lot of sellers with 1000's of sales
include in there description that they
can not answer most question because
they do not know about stamp collecting.
Total shock, how did they get where they
are with 100% feed back.
Maybe they sell something else as well!
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
3136 Posts
Posted 05/22/2011   08:01 am  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
We have reached 69 sold and a feed back score of 50 and a blue star rating is ours.
Listing Australia on .com has more advantages than just being cheaper to list with. It also gives you a magnifier enlargement with your gallery image. Nobody else seems to be selling Australia with magnifier symbol under their gallery image. They all must be using.com.au. We are so glad that we have tried listing with different countries eBay's and it has been very interesting to see their different ways of operating.
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
3136 Posts
Posted 05/23/2011   8:13 pm  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
We got a positive feed back but it was not a positive reply.
It was over 70 machines described as mixed condition and sold for $2.99
Comment was if I had payed more you would be getting them back many damaged.
Can remember one space filler! And one pen cancel! The rest appeared to be well within reason.
The world we are selling for $1.99 to $2.99 I am not looking at them at all. Just using a weight amount to reach the numbers for the stamp packet concerned. Now these packets could have many damaged.

Maybe this type of selling cheap packets is not worth the effort.
All the earnings from these cheap 99c world type packets are going to help a charity worker.
Edited by KGV Collector - 05/23/2011 8:16 pm
Rest in Peace
Canada
6750 Posts
Posted 05/23/2011   9:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Puzzler to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I think that particular buyer, who, after looking at the feedback he has left for others, is not one to be over-flowing with his praise at all and is curt and to the point, is an example of how different people have different expectations.

I have found that any damage, if not shown very clearly or described very clearly, is an opening for buyers to leave non praising feedback.

I think your Mixed Condition words in the title describe those stamps well and I understand that damage could be included but it can be mis-interpreted as Mixed meaning Fine to Very Fine instead of some damaged, some good, some fine, etc.

You can never please all the people all the time, especially when all have such different expectations.

It was a nice listing by the way.
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
3136 Posts
Posted 05/23/2011   10:18 pm  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for your wisdom and support Puzzler.
It is a wake up call and learning curve and it is so nice to work through it with what you have said. It helps me to understand what I can do to minimise this sort of thing and make changes to some parts of my descriptions.
Did not even think to check on the buyer.
Have to learn deep down that I can not please everybody and that is the way it is. It is so nice I did not get a negative feed back. Now that would of upset me. And this experience I needed so as to get the feel of this sort of thing. Onward we go!
Page: of 14 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics
  US Scott 443 Washington 1c line single?
  The Stamps of Tokelau.
  Moscow to New York: two letter-size envelopes w/ Scott Russia #C75 1 PVB
  Can someone check the Part II of the new Minkus Pages for Togo Please
  Is my Washington 2 Cent stamp an error or just an oddity
  Need help please on this 1870 2 cent jackson scott 135 Red???
  Private Auctions on eBay
  Woohoo! Went 3 for 3 at the Philatelic Foundation!
  Help re Postal Service eGuide to US Stamps
  Imperforate 4d Kangaroo?
  Cut Square Stamp identification
  Looks like eBay is broken now?
  Canada Odd Unlisted Precancels - possibly Errors
  Canada Empress of Ireland press sheet
  Help with IDing watermark on cut square
  A perfectly placed ink void
  Lovely Q3 parcel post on first flight cover
  Scott 89xx-2 precancel
  Trying to identify stamp Scott 441 versus 448
  Can't find in German Catalogue Type 61?
  R15c double transfer pages from COMPEX
  Estate Stamp Collection ???
  Is this a Stamp? Possibly Russian?
  Minor issue with an eBay lot description
  Lousy stamps' supplier, need a new one. Please advice

american occupation of France 1944-please help me locate?
  Private Auctions on eBay
  The Stamps of Tokelau.
  US Scott 443 Washington 1c line single?
  Regency Stamp Auctions in St. Louis
  Is my Washington 2 Cent stamp an error or just an oddity
  FOOTWARE - Shoes, Sneakers, and Other Foot Coverings!
  Need help please on this 1870 2 cent jackson scott 135 Red???
  Automatic Supplements
  China Yunnan Province Scott #41; London 1931-37 Overprinted A37 4c
  MAILBOXES on stamps!
  The Stamps of Indonesia on Album Pages.
  Ebay auto billing..can I add money to the bill?
  Which stamp has a high value in this auction?
  Moscow to New York: two letter-size envelopes w/ Scott Russia #C75 1 PVB
  PDF style Stamp Album Pages
  Can someone check the Part II of the new Minkus Pages for Togo Please
  Russia: Geometric numerals and background Inverted.
  Woohoo! Went 3 for 3 at the Philatelic Foundation!
  Help with IDing watermark on cut square
  London Bus and family..
  Bicycles on Stamps...
  Help re Postal Service eGuide to US Stamps
  Just a label or a (private) revenue? McKesson & Robbins,1886
  The Stamps of Australia : On Steiner Pages.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2014 Stamp Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 0.67 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05