Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Stamp Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

We Close our Eyes & Still See Stamps.  

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 14
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
3122 Posts
Posted 03/09/2015   7:02 pm  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The statement above is from a charity kiloware supplier who is saying in the last 12 month they have gone from receiving about 10kg a month to a kg a month.

At an auction house where I shop for kiloware is in a position where they would offer about 25 kiloware lots. In the next auction 5 lots only are being offered.

I am being told if I do not show up for room bidding I will not have any chance of winning a kiloware lot. The sale cost for the very recent kiloware are expected to go over $400 per kg.

I am spending 2hrs a day at present trying to find charity kiloware sources of very modern kiloware.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
3122 Posts
Posted 03/12/2015   02:17 am  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It has taken a number of weeks but have found what sounds like a very good contact for kiloware.

It is not a cheap contact but very well presented.

I exhausted the computer and hit the phone before I got a result.

Happy Hunting!
Valued Member
United States
74 Posts
Posted 03/22/2015   6:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add qaman to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Always like your posts KGV and you have nice stamps on eBay. Just attended the Richmond, In stamp show and talking to the dealers they are having a hard time getting kilo ware. It was interesting to see people bring in their fathers or grandfather's collection thinking they will get top dollar to find out it might be worth $20.00 kind of feel sorry for them hoping for the riches! There are a few sellers in Linn's that sell large amounts at a time.
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
3122 Posts
Posted 03/27/2015   9:42 pm  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank You for the Kind Words qaman.

Sorry I have not answered earlier.

Just noticed your comment.

All The Very Best.
KGV
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
3122 Posts
Posted 05/05/2015   7:30 pm  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I am sorting a lot of kiloware for some time now and have fallen into routine of sorting 5kg to 10kg per week.

But in the recent lots of kiloware I have been getting over the last 6 months seem to have what looks like coffee stains on some of the pieces and even the odd bit of fungus from food by the look of it. I have ever before come across anything like this. Not even close!

Totally disgusting......
Valued Member
20 Posts
Posted 07/17/2015   10:21 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Short1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow KGV!
Those stacks of stamps look amazing and good on you for starting your sales off on the right foot! I can't imagine processing and working the way you have for years at a time-- wonderful documentation as well to help you remember what you accomplished.
Cheers
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
3122 Posts
Posted 07/18/2015   01:39 am  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the kind words!

Yes it is nice to have done it all from the beginning.
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
888 Posts
Posted 07/18/2015   08:00 am  Show Profile Check duncanvr's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add duncanvr to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi KGV hows sales these days?
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
3122 Posts
Posted 07/19/2015   06:19 am  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
We are surviving on kiloware.

Heaps of lookers very few touches.But when we are found they sure buy a lot modern hard to get items.There is not too much we have not got up for sale from 2000 to now.

We are only selling about $2,000 per month after costs.

Making more from selling outside of eBay.

Our contacts list is growing.

Tell you the truth we are opening another store. New eBay ID paypal account. We start end next month.

Back to an area I am over qualified to do but I very much enjoy it.

So we are going to selling lotus, water lilies, orchids and air plants or tillandsia. Along with terrarium plants like lichens, mosses & ferns.

Have been putting the stock together for over 12 months now. Know new things like how to import plants into Australia. Plus digging up contacts from as much as 25 years ago. lol

Be interesting to see if we still are selling stamps in another 2 years.

Pillar Of The Community
Australia
888 Posts
Posted 07/19/2015   06:34 am  Show Profile Check duncanvr's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add duncanvr to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Well if your only selling on eBay about $2,000 a month in stamps it is not that great a revenue for all the work involed. Thats around my monthly eBay fees. Hopefully you'll get a much better result selling plants. $20,000 a month. Best of luck with your new store.
Valued Member
United States
74 Posts
Posted 10/12/2015   9:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add qaman to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
KGV how are things going with your selling. I haven't bought kiloware in a while but have been buying 1000 foreign at a time. Just received two large boxes of stamps and FDCs from a coworker was his grandpa's collection nothing super valuable but some nice stamps mainly general worldwide.
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
3122 Posts
Posted 03/16/2016   8:36 pm  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It has been so long since I have bid on kiloware at an auction, other than Status Auctions, as a postal bidder that I am totally out of touch.

So the fact that charities are now sending me kiloware with out 70c stamps in it and it looks like no new $1 stamp will show up either.

Not very trusting of today's auction houses in Australia or NZ for that matter. So it limits who I will bid with.

So I chose the auction house I would bid at and there was about 20 lots of kiloware. Picked the best sounding 3 lots and bid on them at a cost that was a very low bids and have ended up winning two of them.

Now that I have won at such a low cost I am thinking I have got a large bunch of trash. A lot of buyers would of looked at that kiloware or maybe it was all taped up and could not be seen.

So I have ended up with the best sounding lot and the 3rd best sounding lot.

Will it will be either trash or treasure!

At $25 per kg delivered I am very worried.

At status auctions I could not win a lot with bids over $100 per kg.
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
3122 Posts
Posted 03/27/2016   04:37 am  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The kiloware is worse than trash it is garbage.

Described as recent it is all before 2003 and been picked through 20 times.

Have sent an email to the auction house explaining that the kiloware was over kg per box under weight & grossly, wrongly described.

That the vendor should not be rewarded for these lots.They have knowingly deceiving the auction house and myself.

Have also asked for a full refund and an address to send the kiloware too.
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
3122 Posts
Posted 06/11/2016   03:53 am  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Things have changed when it comes to kiloware.

We started in Jan this year with $400 and 1 month ago cashed in $3,500 for a slow combustion fire to heat the house. It is great to sort stamps near as our cold weather is with us.

Also purchased $2,500 worth of stock for our new eBay store. Have about $1,000 worth of quality sorted kiloware to sell still and $500 for some bids in the next auction of interest.

The issues I had with auction house and poor quality kiloware has turned into having a contact from the auction house that will check the kiloware before I bid. Nice score hey!

My charity has supplied me with 70kgs of kiloware in the last 8 weeks and another contact has sent me about 20kgs. 15kgs still to sort and a 6th July auction to bid at. Things are looking very nice. I am at my happiest sorting kiloware.

It all started with $400 in Jan. So far since Jan have scored about 150kg of kiloware(stamps on paper)So that is about 750,000 stamps. It is now looking like the best year for kiloware we have had for years. My wife does all the soaking.
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
3122 Posts
Posted 07/11/2016   03:48 am  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Another auction and another 54kg of very recent kiloware on paper close cut.
We are on a roll!The year of kiloware by the looks of things!

The only part to stamps that is working for us.

It has been a tough year so far.
Page: of 14 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics
  Can collecting be a great investment as well as a great interest?
  Sorting through a shoebox of mixed world stamps
  1906-08 MLH guide line pair scott #314 schermack perforation.help me value my line pair?
  Auxiliary Handstamp: CALLED OUT
  Unknown stamp red no value
  Don't be deceived by this odd item
  1934 Stamp Club Menu overprint
  Selling $3 Columbian on Delcampe....
  Steiner pages for Canada
  Australian Penny Red (2)
  Getting Acquainted with Collecting
  New one and two cent acquisitions
  Founded collectable British one pennys
  Large and not so large margins in some stamps
  Canada Post new 150 anniversary series admail
  Austria Lombardy Venetia 2 Soldi Imperf???
  Old Swiss & Austrian & Hungarian Stamps
  RUSSIAN EMPIRE: 4k rose with curious background
  is it variety color left stamp I mean
  Help needed to identify Russian postmark
  Singapore SG85? equal Scott 57b?
  Gunshot wound freak? I cannot tell.
  Canada: New Star Trek Stamps
  After 15 years I lost the enjoyment
  NFR17 perf 12 - Anyone recognize this part-perfin?

Getting Acquainted with Collecting
  Auxiliary Handstamp: CALLED OUT
  BRIDGES,BRIDGES,BRIDGES! on stamps
  Can collecting be a great investment as well as a great interest?
  Belgium 1946 Provisional Surcharges
  1934 Stamp Club Menu overprint
  Reverse print on reverse!
  After 15 years I lost the enjoyment
  Sorting through a shoebox of mixed world stamps
  Show Us Your Completed Album Pages!
  1906-08 MLH guide line pair scott #314 schermack perforation.help me value my line pair?
  New one and two cent acquisitions
  Don't be deceived by this odd item
  Nice Cancel, slogan or Postmark?
  Unmarked Missent cover
  Australian Penny Red (2)
  Gallatin Tennessee Postmaster Provisional Question
  Unknown stamp red no value
  belgium---postal forgery ?
  More philatelic butchery
  Gunshot wound freak? I cannot tell.
  Purchased this cover today at thrift store!
  Four to Eight Weeks for Mail from Canada- Huh??
  Steiner pages for Canada
  Have another beer stamp!

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2014 Stamp Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 0.64 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05