Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Stamp Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

We Close our Eyes & Still See Stamps.  

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 14
Pillar Of The Community
1500 Posts
Posted 05/26/2014   6:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add I Brake For Stamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice KGV. What all did you soak so many stamps off of? Was it large pieces of philatelic mail you got?

-IBFS
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page

All science is either Physics or Stamp Collecting. -- Ernest Rutherford
Rest in Peace
Canada
6750 Posts
Posted 05/26/2014   11:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Puzzler to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,
Please start a new topic about your stamps and please try to provide picturesof your stamps so we all can consider them and give you feedback, if we know about them.

Use the country name in the title of the topic you start also please.
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
3102 Posts
Posted 05/27/2014   08:35 am  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi I Brake For Stamps.

Quote:
Nice KGV. What all did you soak so many stamps off of? Was it large pieces of philatelic mail you got?

I was very blessed and got 1.2kgs of very recent gummed or sheet stamps (6,000 stamps) close clipped on paper kiloware from mailing envelops for a steel at $285. It had also 200 + high value stamps in it as well. All the rubbish had been taken out so there was a very small amount of rejects. These type of Australian stamps are very rare to get in the numbers like this lot. Hopefully the contact will keep active. The charity seller contacted me!

Pillar Of The Community
Australia
3102 Posts
Posted 05/30/2014   10:05 am  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Scored another 2012-13 60c kiloware buy, totally amazing!

The more buys now means the more sets that are being able to put together.

Got the best damaged FDC lots I have ever had. Won 3 lots at res and that gives me 1,500++ covers from 1992 to 2010 with many duplicates. At 30c per cover mailed is a great lot of stock to work with.

Things have taken a big turn for the better in the last 6 weeks thank Goodness!

It has been a hard slog for some time now that is for sure.
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
3102 Posts
Posted 06/08/2014   05:17 am  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The biggest reason for the down turn of sales I now believe has happened because my memory just will not cope with so much input and I just did not know it was the reason for the drop in sales but now I do and have spent last week and a few more weeks to come to get things in an order again that I believe is needed!

By the end of this week our eBay store should have over 1,300 listings that rotate and this number will also depend on how many sales, as some weeks sales can be quite large at times.

We are still trying to get all the stock into a listable order. Normally this work would be done and over with in Jan but with the constant stock incoming it is now an going working with a build up of work for the end of the year still happening.

Trying to keep track of the massive amount of stock and variety has become beyond my ability to remember and keep everything in order from one week to the next.

Nice position to be in some might say but in all this I am not getting any younger and I am sure this is part of the issue.

Each days listings has its own plastic container to keep the listings in order and each day has a different type of Australia 1990 to now but I am finding that I need to leave notes on top of the listings so it gives me an idea of what stock needs to be replaced or new stock that is ready to go.

My recall knowledge becomes stronger in an area of Australia stamping that 5 years ago I would never of believed I would have known about.

I will not speak into my life negativity that robs the happiness in doing things that have positive outcome for my family's life stye position. But sometimes we just have to stop and discern what is what.....I found that place. :)

Always Happy Stamping!
Valued Member
United States
248 Posts
Posted 06/11/2014   6:50 pm  Show Profile Check pk-short's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add pk-short to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I still haven't had much luck soaking the newest SA Australian stamps ever after following some of your recommendations in other threads. However, I did see your listing on eBay and it will be easier to simply purchase some of the items I'm missing - great work on your store!
Pillar Of The Community
United States
765 Posts
Posted 06/11/2014   11:31 pm  Show Profile Check guykickinit's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add guykickinit to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
you could try lighter fluid then apply talc, or Pure Citrus air freshener applied to back of the envelope paper., then to the back of the stamp and gently rub the adhesive off.
(haven't tried it myself but the guys at my stamp club say it works.)

Member COPC.
Redmond, OR 97756 Mailer's Postmark Permit #1
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
3102 Posts
Posted 06/12/2014   10:56 pm  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Taking Australia 2009 Corrugated Landscapes, Micro monsters, Species at risk joint territories are the hardest to get off paper.

Keep experimenting, don't give up!

It is all about water as hot as you dare for long enough before the paper of the stamp and envelope looses there strength but the gum gives way.

Australia from 2011 starts to get easier to get off paper. Etc the water does not have to be so hot.

Australia still has water based gum so water it heaps better to use than an oil base approach.
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
3102 Posts
Posted 06/20/2014   08:41 am  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Have filed by year in DL envelop box with a card as a year divider and have all Australia FDC + Australia International Post FDC done but still have not done Australia Territories FDC to put in order. They are standing in a DL envelop box ready.

Have just finished doing the filing of the mini sheets or souvenir sheets with year dividers as well.

So now I can go through my listing with a box of stock in hand and see what is missing and what is not.

There is so much no wonder my memory was not able to remember it all!
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
3102 Posts
Posted 11/04/2014   6:19 pm  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
We are finding that the Australian self adhesives issues from 2012 on are a lot easier to get off paper.

Back to soapy warm water is very nice for taking modern self adhesives off paper again.
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
3102 Posts
Posted 11/22/2014   11:42 pm  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Australian Very modern kiloware on paper is proving to be very hard to get quality kiloware and the price for me has gone up 200% this year alone.

Over the last 3 months I have sorted close to 80kg of kiloware or approx 350,000 stamps on paper. Still have a lot of 15kg coming. That will be my last buy for this year and come Jan 2015 will be back to trying to find more very modern quality kiloware.

Have sold most of the 80kg sorted already at a great profit considering how much work is involved and a fair bit has been sold directly from myself. Some people have been asking me for kiloware because the charity has passed on my info.

I am really glad that the pressure to sort stamps for this year finished yesterday. Now for a month away from sorting.

Collected all the high denomination, gum stamps and a couple of very modern varieties. Have about 6kg of this type of mixture. Everything else went out with kiloware bulk buys.

The 15kg coming will be for us to take off paper next Jan. Still have a heap of 60c stamps from last year that we ran out of time to take off paper. All is ready to take stamps off paper next Jan.
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
3102 Posts
Posted 11/23/2014   12:03 am  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This is the 1st time I have really looked at trying to make money out of kiloware. The main reason for this is the change to selling sorted kiloware and because Auspost has prepaid satchels 1kg 3kg 5kg at a fixed price mailed anywhere in Australia.

So basically I have sorted all the defin's out and have a sorting box for 50c 55c 60c & 70c stamps and sold them on as comm's only. This has proved to be a great way to sell kiloware. Everything that is left over I have sold as a very cheap mixture and the lot of this type of mix has been 5kg buy but mostly 10kg has been what the buyers want with this cheaper type of mix. There is even a market for the masses of 60c only defin's.
Australia
1 Posts
Posted 12/26/2014   03:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Australian Stamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Very interesting thread! Thanks for sharing info :)
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
3102 Posts
Posted 12/26/2014   4:52 pm  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Like The Name. To Our Family!

Thank you for the very kind words.
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
3102 Posts
Posted 03/09/2015   03:35 am  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like the end of very modern kiloware is at hand.

"Sadly a normal letter rate stamp is about to go up to $1.50 for priority delivery, and a stamp for standard domestic mailing will be $1, once this happens kiloware sources will dry up even further..."
Page: of 14 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics
  Holiday Windows perf errors
  New Edition of Michel Zeppelin Catalog Coming Soon
  Canada C-1 sheets of 50
  Norway 1932 Scott #154-157 2 sets, mh and used
  Sudden Appearance of POP-UP AD
  I fined that lot what do you think it is possible
  Has the APS started to accept Paypal yet?
  Come to Wiscopex '17!
  Come to Baypex Green Bay '17!
  Come to Stampfest '17!
  Canada C-1, any one know of sheets of 50 that have ever been available?
  1938 Jamaca Scott 116b Watermark Sideways cv $9000 does anybody know?
  Difficulty Purchasing the USA Star coils
  Cancel to order - why are they worth so little
  Don't know which choices to make
  When does the hobby become a business?
  Help me identify (2) mystery Mexico Stamps?
  Does anyone know what this 3 cent stamp is from 1909 ?
  What kind of features do you expect from digital (philatelic) publications?
  Principality of Trinidad stamps -Principauté de Trinidad
  Scott numbering system
  Another Ebay auction that is too good to believe
  Is this a improperly perforated South Australia one penny
  Latvia 1919 official 10 KON dark blue color shift.
  German's 10 pfg with 5pfg overprint with "Blaustrich line"

US #505 Five Cent Die Error and other news of the day
  I fined that lot what do you think it is possible
  Canada C-1 sheets of 50
  North and South Korean Stamps
  Holiday Windows perf errors
  The Stamps of Turkey : On Steiner Pages.
  Difficulty Purchasing the USA Star coils
  Some post cards Does it have any value?
  Curious about Webstore anyone heard of or tried it?
  perf punch on back of stamp
  Norway 1932 Scott #154-157 2 sets, mh and used
  Don't know which choices to make
  Whats in your Library?
  Zeppelin Mail -- Graf Zeppelin (LZ-127)
  New Edition of Michel Zeppelin Catalog Coming Soon
  Scouting stamps from around the world
  Tall Ships on Stamps
  danish classics, show them to me.
  HIV, VIH, AIDS, SIDA, and PWAs
  Cancel to order - why are they worth so little
  What kind of features do you expect from digital (philatelic) publications?
  BRIDGES,BRIDGES,BRIDGES! on stamps
  Principality of Trinidad stamps -Principauté de Trinidad
  Outrageous Stupidity on eBay
  French colonies mh and used. 88 stamps.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2014 Stamp Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 0.72 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05