Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Stamp Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

We Close our Eyes & Still See Stamps.  

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 14
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
3122 Posts
Posted 12/24/2013   11:51 pm  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
An image of the last lot of high value kiloware we did. All pressed and ready to store.

Interesting background image!

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
3122 Posts
Posted 01/05/2014   06:15 am  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
In a very recent, very organised lot of kiloware came a heap of Australia booklets mostly from 1985 ,86, 87. 3 of the booklets Aboriginal Art, Alpine Flowers & Birds Cockatoos came in lots of 150 sets of each. An amazing find in the middle of it all. These numbers are perfect for us.

Pillar Of The Community
Australia
3122 Posts
Posted 01/12/2014   05:23 am  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Stamp packets are on my menu this week. As my wife will be away for 5 days. If I get into trouble physically taking stamps off paper the stamp become paper Masha with out my wife's back up! 5 to 10 mins too long soaking the stamps and I am in a lot of trouble.

I am set up with 7feet or 2.1m of bench space. That area is holding 50 plastic containers plus the bundleware to make 120 different Australia stamps from 1940 to 1965.

Have another 5 shoe boxes of envelops with 10 to 100 stamps in the envelops from the years 1900 to 1965. That is about 1000 envelops but all will not be different. I am still trying to figure out what to do with this lot as I want to turn it all into packets. Have stopped thinking about turning it into one big mixture of kiloware and selling it by weight. By selling it by weight I do not think it will even out so well compared to a packet approach for a buyer. The packets are going to be a lot more work but the buyer will get a better deal no matter what packet they buy out of the batch within reason.

Made some packets about 4 years ago. I am very inexperienced at making stamp packets. But hopefully not for much longer.
Edited by KGV Collector - 01/12/2014 05:25 am
Rest in Peace
Canada
6750 Posts
Posted 01/12/2014   5:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Puzzler to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
There is a seller called +++++++ on eBay .com (will email you) that sells groups of 12-15 stamps at a time. I was watching him for a while and have bought a packet or group like that off of him, yet to receive yet.

That approach seems to work well for him with smaller groups of interesting stamps.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
4098 Posts
Posted 01/12/2014   6:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add lithograving to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
As my wife will be away for 5 days

If my wife was away for 5 days I would be out
partying, not soaking stamps.

KGV Collector, I have to tell you I enjoy most of your
posts.

The whole idea that you are actually making a living
or at least earning a large part of your income
with stamps is just bloody amazing.

Good luck and keep it up.

Pillar Of The Community
Australia
3122 Posts
Posted 01/12/2014   9:15 pm  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the kind words Puzzler & lithograving it is a great way to start the working week!

My wife is amazing! She knows exactly where I am and what I am doing 24/7. I am starting to think she has a tracking device implanted in me somewhere!
Edited by KGV Collector - 01/12/2014 9:16 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
3122 Posts
Posted 01/21/2014   03:07 am  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Have made 25 packets of 500+ different decimal.
50 packets of 100+ different decimal
50 packets of 100+ different high value decimal
25 packets of 500+ different high value decimal
50 packets of 100+ different Predec with high values from 1940-65
Kiloware off paper, great mixture, well mixed in a tumble dryer on cold for 10mins. Works really well and does not damage the stamps. Still have heaps of stock to mix more Predec kiloware off paper but could not see any reason to mix anymore.

Off paper 10kgs Predec 1930's to 1965.
Off paper 15kgs Dec from 1966 to 1989.

Kiloware 25kgs on paper 1990 to recent. Good mix, well mixed. Need more 55c & 60c eras to make more of this kiloware.
Valued Member
United States
74 Posts
Posted 02/02/2014   12:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add qaman to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice stamps, it is easy to hoard, my kids say I am an organized hoarder, not sure how to take that. I collect mostly used world wide. Have 2 18gal totes to go through when I retire. My wife is great and very understanding on my madness.
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
3122 Posts
Posted 02/03/2014   03:04 am  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A Big Welcome To SCF qaman.

It is nice to collect in bulk.

Have seen the high value packets the way Puzzler pointed out. Great Advice! Thanks Puzzler.

Opened our Anchor eBay store today with 220 listings.

We are still a long way behind with our Jan work load. Putting stamps into stock books and one more packet to finish.

It is going to take 3 weeks of listing to get all the stock listed.

Hopefully a good income will start flowing by the end of the month!

Pillar Of The Community
Australia
3122 Posts
Posted 02/08/2014   5:18 pm  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Had to relist the unsold lot on the last couple of pages, as having the store shut for a 31 day the listing were going to be lost because they would of been over 60 days old.

It was just to much work to loose all those listings. Nice that there was no cost in it as we have an Anchor store.

Sorting out Tuesday's listings and Thursday's listing was very confusing. Found more mistakes than I care to admit.
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
3122 Posts
Posted 03/21/2014   12:48 pm  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thought that I would try and put a postal bid in on a few lots at Philas Stamp Auctions Darlinghurst Sydney proper Australia.

The lot I won said that it is 12kgs of recent 60c kiloware on paper.

It arrived in two boxes after paying $156.50 . Opened the 1st box and it had 5.5kgs of 45c, 50c &55c defins in plastic bags. Totally worthless. The worst kiloware I have ever had.

Opened the 2nd box of 6.5kgs it had a kg of very good 60c kiloware on top, underneath it had a plastic bags of 50c ,55c defins and a bag of pre 1990 rubbish. A total rip off.

This auction house is no longer, one with good description but is full of lies.
Had a friend who also won a lot and mailing cost max $45 but was charged approx $168 and is locked in a battle on this mailing issue with them.

A Very Good Place Not To Put Postal Bids In With.

That Is Philas Stamp Auctions.
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
3122 Posts
Posted 05/12/2014   03:51 am  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Just finished soaking and putting 1.2kgs of gummed very modern stamps into a stock book. Most of the stamps were 2012-13 issues.

The 2012 Australia Zoo's issue is a stand out. The Large Tiger stamp was voted stamp of the year and it was only released in the gum set. There was no self adhesive tiger stamp made or issued.

The 2012 Zoo's issue as made safe in a stock book. It looked so nice I had to post it! Hope you like it!

Rest in Peace
United States
7097 Posts
Posted 05/12/2014   06:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add I_Love_Stamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wowzers! That's a bunch of work right there! You doing pretty good unloading the stuff are ya? -Jeff
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
3122 Posts
Posted 05/12/2014   06:15 am  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes the gummed stamps are very good to sell as they so hard to get a hold of I_Love_Stamps. More people want them than there is sets available.

The Zoo's set used will sell $9.99 to $12.99

The single large Tiger stamp will sell $1.99 to $2.99 as they are very popular because they are not in the self adhesive sets. I treat them as a high value stamp and will list them in with the high value stamp listings.

All the 60c used gum stamps with be listed at double face.
Rest in Peace
United States
7097 Posts
Posted 05/12/2014   06:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add I_Love_Stamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That's great KGV! I would never have the patience/discipline to do anything on that sort of scale! That's amazing actually.
Page: of 14 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics
  New member from Sunset, Utah - Need help with Officially Sealed Stamps
  I can not identify what Stamp is #832
  Nauru - Emergency Overprint Issue of 1978
  Newbie query: Speed of issue of Nobel prize stamps by small countries, collecting opinions?
  German Empire "Deutsches Reich" 20pf stamp imperforated
  Hodge Podge of stamps I need help identifying (Part 2)
  Hey, nice printed cance... wait, what?
  Victorian Penny stamps inherited - opinion on value
  eBay "Pretty Blue" typo, Slightly over priced!
  Canada Post Details Magazine
  Recent Spanish Acquisitions
  Pages for Canada Precancels
  Can collecting be a great investment as well as a great interest?
  Sorting through a shoebox of mixed world stamps
  1906-08 MLH guide line pair scott #314 schermack perforation.help me value my line pair?
  Auxiliary Handstamp: CALLED OUT
  Unknown stamp red no value
  Don't be deceived by this odd item
  1934 Stamp Club Menu overprint
  Selling $3 Columbian on Delcampe....
  Steiner pages for Canada
  Australian Penny Red (2)
  Getting Acquainted with Collecting
  New one and two cent acquisitions
  Founded collectable British one pennys

Canada Stickney Rotary Press vs Flat Plate Press Medallion Stamps
  Bees - Honey Bee Stamps, Beekeeping, Apiculture
  Victorian Penny stamps inherited - opinion on value
  New member from Sunset, Utah - Need help with Officially Sealed Stamps
  Auxiliary Handstamp: CALLED OUT
  German Empire "Deutsches Reich" 20pf stamp imperforated
  I can not identify what Stamp is #832
  1c 1851 Plate 3 Stamps
  Nauru - Emergency Overprint Issue of 1978
  eBay "Pretty Blue" typo, Slightly over priced!
  Founded collectable British one pennys
  Hey, nice printed cance... wait, what?
  Lets See Your SOUVENIR SHEETS!
  Collecting by Engraver
  Let's Dance
  Canada: New Star Trek Stamps
  Australian Perfins and Perfin Varieties
  Pages for Canada Precancels
  Belgium 1946 Provisional Surcharges
  Can collecting be a great investment as well as a great interest?
  Newbie query: Speed of issue of Nobel prize stamps by small countries, collecting opinions?
  What Did You Do Philatelically: Today or Recently?
  Recommendation re: good UV lights?
  Hodge Podge of stamps I need help identifying
  Inherited...USA...mint blocks & sheets...catalog them?

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2014 Stamp Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 0.64 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05