Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Stamp Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Fulfilling 2016 USPS Issues  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
849 Posts
Posted 01/03/2017   11:35 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add jkelley01938 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Message
Hi Family,

As I mentioned in an earlier thread, MYSTIC has released its 2016 supplements, including the Heirloom.

Last year (2015), I purchased issues from the USPO as the stamps were issued. Because the MYSTIC supplements sometimes call for a whole sheet, or a vertical strip, or a horizontal strip, or just a single stamp, I found I had to purchase entire sheets just to fulfill all of the options. Needless to say, I way over purchased and now have a ton of stamps available for general postage.

This year, I took a different approach. I purchased just the $2.00 Patriotic Wave stamp, The two Priority Mail stamps, and the two ducks.

When MYSTIC came out with the supplement, they also came out with the stamps to go with it. Now I knew which stamps I would need as sheets and booklets. So, I went to the post office to buy them.

Finally, I ordered the remainder from MYSTIC. Not the most cost effective way to complete a year, but at least it is more efficient than the way I approached it last year. Comments?

Jack Kelley

Send note to Staff

Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
485 Posts
Posted 01/03/2017   11:58 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I had purchased USPS mail use packs for 2014 and 2015. It did not have all the stamps but got me going. I have found Fort Pitt Philatelisc eBay lots not too unreasonable but usually complete for commemoratives.

For 2016, I have all the sheets (annual Christmas gift) and purchased more from USPS to get singles. My order in late December has not arrived yet with some booklets and have plenty of extras now. I have strips of 1c,5c,10c coils along with others that USPS sold as blocks of 4.

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page

Al
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
849 Posts
Posted 01/03/2017   1:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jkelley01938 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
My objective is to fill the MYSTIC 2016 supplement and then move on to things more philatelic ally pleasing. To be truthful, I hate the USPS stamps of today and am addressing them only to keep current. Distasteful but necessary.

Jack Kelley
Pillar Of The Community
United States
3930 Posts
Posted 01/03/2017   1:39 pm  Show Profile Check Petert4522's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Why necessary Jack? I gave up on US stamps back in the 70's but got interested in the Transportation Coils in the 80's. Those and the Great Americans issue are by itself well worth it in my opinion.
By the way, the US is not the only country to issue disappointing stamps!

Peter
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
849 Posts
Posted 01/04/2017   07:17 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jkelley01938 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Peter.

It just a "thing" I have about keeping my collection current. I let it go for about 25 years one time and vowed I'd never do that again. Plus it was quite expensive.

By the way, I believe you've displayed your coils on this site before and they look really nice. Didn't you use Vario pages?

Jack Kelley
Valued Member
United States
74 Posts
Posted 01/04/2017   08:16 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add diane to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I find the mail use packets from USPS to be a great investment and it comes with clear mounts so you don't have to buy a pack of 40 just for the one odd size.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
849 Posts
Posted 01/10/2017   06:54 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jkelley01938 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Well,

I received my 2016 supplement and stamps today. Cost was $100.15. Now to see if the MYSTIC 2016 stamp order follows the format of the 2016 MYSTIC supplement.

Jack Kelley
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics
  for US addresses only posted overseas, & what is the odd number LHS?
  Old Wells Fargo Local Stamp. Reprint or real?
  Can anyone help me identify this?
  Before and after Peroxide. No not my hair!
  Bids not meeting reserve price on eBay
  Pink? Vermillon? 1894 1c Postage Due "Paper Color" is completely through the entire stamp?
  precancel postage dues
  Is this Bermuda 28 with wmk.3?
  Forwarding agent or Business
  Scott #445 (A140) Coil Stamp Perf 10 Horizontally Washington 3c Violet? Is it Type I or Type III ?
  Providence Rhode Island 5 Cent Stamp With Red Strands. Authentic?
  2 Cent Red Washington Without corner triangles?
  Rules to Classify Topical Subjects
  New stamp error in Germany (christmas stamp)
  Guatemala stamp ?? Thanks for your help !
  ASDA Mid-West Postage Stamp Show
  New Online US Stamp Mount Finder Tool
  Regumming stamps - Why do it?
  Norway used lot off paper. 440 stamps.
  Places with philatelic references
  Need Help with understanding cancels France Ceres
  Question about Pricing of Korean Stamps
  Help needed identifying stamp
  Image naming : How to remove first 4 characters.
  Hi All, Could I get a certificate if this is a 534b ?

Hi, Can I have help ich I believe is a 504 b type V11
  Collecting by Engraver
  for US addresses only posted overseas, & what is the odd number LHS?
  Old Wells Fargo Local Stamp. Reprint or real?
  Providence Rhode Island 5 Cent Stamp With Red Strands. Authentic?
  Where can I find Long Island ?
  BRIDGES,BRIDGES,BRIDGES! on stamps
  Can anyone help me identify this?
  Prephilatelic covers - any interest? Show - tell - ask - explain!
  What kind of features do you expect from digital (philatelic) publications?
  The Stamps of Turkey : On Steiner Pages.
  danish classics, show them to me.
  Layout of De La Rue Sheets of 240 on early British Colonies
  Scott #445 (A140) Coil Stamp Perf 10 Horizontally Washington 3c Violet? Is it Type I or Type III ?
  Is this Bermuda 28 with wmk.3?
  Pottery, Ceramics, Porcelain, and other clayware
  Rules to Classify Topical Subjects
  Speedboats (and other small watercraft)
  Scouting stamps from around the world
  Question about Pricing of Korean Stamps
  Bids not meeting reserve price on eBay
  Before and after Peroxide. No not my hair!
  K.B. Spezial Zeppelin Post Catalog
  possible 554d 10perf Washington 2cent
  New Edition of Michel Zeppelin Catalog Coming Soon

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2014 Stamp Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 0.42 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05