Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Stamp Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Pulled the trigger on American Heirloom Albums  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
8 Posts
Posted 12/28/2016   11:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Wallyum to your friends list  Get a Link to this Message
I was finished with Christmas shopping and actually had something left over, so I went ahead and got the American Heirloom albums from Mystic. I checked out the reviews on here first and decided that I'm after 43 years it was time for something new. My tired old Minuteman will still see use for my used stamps and the AH albums will be for my mint stamps. The biggest gripe I read of relative to the AH albums was the quality of the binder. I considered going with the heavy duty albums, but in the end I just went with the $39.95 special. I spent several hours mounting stamps the day it arrived and can honestly say I'm completely satisfied, if not thrilled. I can't imagine needing anything more elaborate.
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
693 Posts
Posted 12/29/2016   06:01 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It is a very good deal and obviously a method to attract customers since you will get lots of mailings once you place an order. For example, I just received a year end mailing from Mystic offering the latest supplement. 2016 issues, etc. Mystic also does not over price the supplements.

With the vinyl sealed seams on the edges they do look a bit cheap but then I have 28 Mystic binders and a few slip cases. I picked up many of mine from fellow collectors migrating and off eBay.

The binders are not bad and seem to be fairly durable. The primary issue I have had with binders is the rings getting out of whack so they are misaligned and do not close. The Mystic have done better than binders so what I paid, I am happy.

However, you can buy binders at any price/quality level you want. I have many different ones.

You will need more since once you put stamps on the pages they will not fit in the 3 binders provided.

Enjoy
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page

Al
Edited by angore - 12/29/2016 06:03 am
Pillar Of The Community
United States
912 Posts
Posted 12/29/2016   10:55 am  Show Profile Check Stamps1962's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Stamps1962 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You can upgrade to the better binders later- that is what I did. The deluxe ones hold more pages.

About the only thing I disliked about these is the lightweight paper. I put my pages in page protectors. I have the whole thing complete through 2015 so it takes up 12 binders. Well worth it.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
947 Posts
Posted 12/30/2016   07:30 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jkelley01938 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I really don't have a problem with the Heirloom's page thickness. The premium binders and slipcases (I have 16 of them) are adequate although, like angore, I have a couple of binders with misaligned rings. The new 2016 supplement is now available.

Jack Kelley
Valued Member
United States
271 Posts
Posted 12/30/2016   2:16 pm  Show Profile Check ecmorgan's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ecmorgan to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I've always been quite happy with mine.

Member American Philatelic Society, American Topical Association, Haiti Philatelic Society, Scouts on Stamps Society International, Nashville Philatelic Society.
Valued Member
United States
8 Posts
Posted 01/01/2017   9:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Wallyum to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I figured I'd be hard pressed to fit all of the pages in the three binders after adding stamps. My current thought is to just combine the contents of the first two albums into the three. I have no plans to chase after any of the current self-stick stamps, so those pages are kind of redundant. I expected as much after seeing album three for sale on eBay several times over the last few months.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
693 Posts
Posted 01/02/2017   06:09 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I use 6 Mystic binders for all page through 1996. I would recommend trying to over stuffing the binders since it will put extra stress on binder holes pages. Binders are cheap and can be purchased anywhere.

Al
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics
  Unknown stamp red no value
  Don't be deceived by this odd item
  1934 Stamp Club Menu overprint
  Selling $3 Columbian on Delcampe....
  Steiner pages for Canada
  Australian Penny Red (2)
  Getting Acquainted with Collecting
  New one and two cent acquisitions
  Founded collectable British one pennys
  Large and not so large margins in some stamps
  Canada Post new 150 anniversary series admail
  Austria Lombardy Venetia 2 Soldi Imperf???
  Old Swiss & Austrian & Hungarian Stamps
  RUSSIAN EMPIRE: 4k rose with curious background
  is it variety color left stamp I mean
  Help needed to identify Russian postmark
  Singapore SG85? equal Scott 57b?
  Gunshot wound freak? I cannot tell.
  Canada: New Star Trek Stamps
  After 15 years I lost the enjoyment
  NFR17 perf 12 - Anyone recognize this part-perfin?
  Unlisted paper variety of an official seal
  Help wpth Postage Due shades.
  2016 Chester on Track Event Cover - Massachusetts MA - CSX B&A Conrail Railroad
  VATICAN CITY Scott 110-121 Catholic Reformers Set 1946

Four to Eight Weeks for Mail from Canada- Huh??
  Steiner pages for Canada
  More philatelic butchery
  Have another beer stamp!
  Subway Nassau Binders Discontinued
  Flooding and Natural Disasters
  Getting Acquainted with Collecting
  New one and two cent acquisitions
  Don't be deceived by this odd item
  Unknown stamp red no value
  Canada 1182 Color Shift
  UPU - Universal Postal Union - Symbol Stamps
  ORCHIDS on Singapore stamps & world stamps
  Large and not so large margins in some stamps
  Odd shaped stamps. Be cool, don't be a square.
  France stamp - Unsure of year..?
  Austria Lombardy Venetia 2 Soldi Imperf???
  1934 Stamp Club Menu overprint
  Selling $3 Columbian on Delcampe....
  What FISH stamps do you have???
  Going through family collection
  Tasmania Cancellation
  Australian Penny Red (2)
  Australian Penny Red
  Founded collectable British one pennys

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2014 Stamp Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 0.39 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05