Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Stamp Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Ebay sales slump, interested to hear from other sellers how they are doing, sales up or down?  

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4
Valued Member
United States
34 Posts
Posted 01/03/2017   2:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add TheRebel1861 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I visited Kelleher's CT office and was completely surprised how run down it was. Looked like something from the late 70's early 80's. Based on what they told me I decided I was better off selling my collection myself on eBay.

Also the building they're in looked run down as well. Took me a few min's to confirm I was at the correct address.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by TheRebel1861 - 01/03/2017 2:13 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1667 Posts
Posted 01/03/2017   3:17 pm  Show Profile Check TheArtfulHinger's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TheArtfulHinger to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
When I use BIN on eBay it's almost always for cheaper items (under $5-$10 or so retail). For most items with a CV of much over $20 or so, I'll look for an auction.
SCF Advertiser
Australia
107 Posts
Posted 01/15/2017   07:05 am  Show Profile Check koalastamps's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add koalastamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Being an active eBay seller, I've really found this topic interesting and helpful. My listings are all fixed price and usually sales month to month are rock steady, but not so the last few weeks. I'm hoping it's a case of just needing to list new stuff more regularly, which I must admit has been sporadic lately.

I'm also wondering if there is a 'Donald' effect, which has people holding onto their wallets until after he settles into office next week.

KRelyea, I was very interested to see your eBay sales stats. Can you point me to where this info is available?

Thanks, Rod

Only philatelists dare visit http://koalastamps.com | over 4,000 singles and sets now selling.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
422 Posts
Posted 01/15/2017   9:33 pm  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KRelyea to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It takes a bit of work to find the median but I'll try and walk you through it. Duncanver asked for the median for postal entire so let's do that. First go to the eBay category for "Stamps" and search for "entire"

This shows that there are 5357 entires for sale on eBay. Next go to the criteria column and choose "sold"

Now it shows 4307 entires have been sold on eBay, this number is for the last 90 days.

To find the median we have to find the price at which 2153 were sold below the price and 2154 were sold above the price.

I go back to the criteria field and for starters use 5;

This shows that 1716 were sold with a price greater than $5 so obviously this is too high, I now try a few lower numbers until I find the one that is close to the median

I got pretty close using $2.70 which shows 2135 covers sold over this price the right answer is slightly less but I ran out of time.

I'm not sure how significant the median sale price is but it does indicate that a LOT of low price items are sold on eBay. I tried it for Unused 19th C US stamps thinking this should be pretty high and it was higher, about $10, but not as high as I thought.
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
833 Posts
Posted 01/16/2017   3:25 pm  Show Profile Check duncanvr's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add duncanvr to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks KRelyea for your time and effort here does this idicate that postal history covers sell more than loose stamps?
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2548 Posts
Posted 01/17/2017   8:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
eBay SALES ----What happen to the Stamp Section ? Less buyers ,stronger dollar and too many listings . I think a lot of decent sellers are exiting eBay because of the big effort to list stuff with reduce sales .
I need to post a new story about the increase at stamp auction firms starting to list bulk lots which contain unsold written up eBay LOTS . These are boxes of stuff that have been listed but unsold on eBay for a few cycles and finally dumped on to the auction firms looking for a new person to relist them.
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
833 Posts
Posted 01/17/2017   9:37 pm  Show Profile Check duncanvr's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add duncanvr to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks floortrader, for some time when it comes to postal history stamp auction firms were selling dealer rejects in bulk. You could tell the whole lot you received were picked over already and the better stuff was taken out. Its no surprise if lots of eBay unsold stamps are now being offered this way as collections at auction firms. I stopped buying from auction firms for that very reason that in reality most times your buying rejected material from dealers or unsold eBay seller lots. Worse is the auction firms charge you a high % just for the privilege of buying from them. Not worth even looking at auction houses these days. I think you can find the best material direct from estates and ex collectors. Once anything has passed through dealer hands they will take the best stuff and sell at premium prices.
SCF Advertiser
Australia
107 Posts
Posted 01/17/2017   9:38 pm  Show Profile Check koalastamps's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add koalastamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks KRelyea, very helpful. I'm trying to get a grasp on eBay's total revenue from stamp sales, month to month. If anyone has any additional tools for gleaning this, can you post here? Then we can get a chart going as a useful guide to the general health of the hobby.

Only philatelists dare visit http://koalastamps.com | over 4,000 singles and sets now selling.
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics
  Some postage stamps I think it's Variety.
  Belgium King Albert I 1915-1920 15c color Vareity..؟؟؟
  Spain , Scott 277 color Vareity..؟؟؟
  value of a couple of stamps
  a question about 1kr deutsches reich stamp
  Ebay buyer not paying - what is process?
  Help with SAAR Scott # 6 and 14
  Scott 6 -Nova Scotia - Another plate scratch..?
  Soviet Union 1958 Civil Aviation Error stamp
  Scott 11 Nova Scotia - possible variety..?
  eBay Advice: Ditch the Unique, List Commodities
  Is There a Best Los Angeles Dealer to Sell Inherited Stamp Collection for Fairest Price?
  "Back to fix title" message
  Plz help identify stamps and varients.
  Stamp Smarter February Contest - Win a Tablet!
  The Stamps of Lithuania.
  1 cent Franklin Green Surcharged 1 cents Stamped Envelop Question
  Penalty for Private Use Cover with MisPlaced Notice
  Nyassa reprint identification
  1959 Postage Due series different colors
  Philippines Japanese occupation postage due NJ1
  This is so far back in the book it's not listed
  Need Help Identifying Japanese Postmark On Zeppelin Postcard
  I'm wondering whether anyone else sees this
  Type 1 vs Type III, # 450 or 488?

Ribbed paper in Washington Franklin series
  Some postage stamps I think it's Variety.
  Have another beer stamp!
  Bugs, Insects, & Creepy Crawlies
  Plz help identify stamps and varients.
  Arches, Columns & Gates on Stamps
  Belgium King Albert I 1915-1920 15c color Vareity..؟؟؟
  Spain , Scott 277 color Vareity..؟؟؟
  eBay Advice: Ditch the Unique, List Commodities
  mm size for coil waste issues
  Penalty for Private Use Cover with MisPlaced Notice
  New Canadian "Kiosk" Stamps
  Soviet Union 1958 Civil Aviation Error stamp
  Is There a Best Los Angeles Dealer to Sell Inherited Stamp Collection for Fairest Price?
  Need Help Identifying Japanese Postmark On Zeppelin Postcard
  Mountain Peaks Photo Postcards
  Ebay buyer not paying - what is process?
  Do The USA allow to sell or buy The CUBA stamps now?
  Northeastern Federation of Stamp Clubs Philatelic Show 2017 - Boxboro MA
  Belgium King Albert I 1915-1920 Issue Help Needed
  How to remove Meth Head "Sling" as advertisement on SCF?
  The Stamps of Lithuania.
  Scott 11 Nova Scotia - possible variety..?
  Native American Cards
  Trees on postcards;

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2014 Stamp Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 0.36 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05