Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Stamp Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

APS Member Survey - Please Share  

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member

United States
51 Posts
Posted 12/12/2016   8:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add ScottEnglish to your friends list  Get a Link to this Message
This came up as a discussion on another forum, so I wanted to share it here. The APS is currently conducting a survey of members and non-members to get feedback on how collectors would like the APS to serve them.

An APS member with years of survey and market research experience has volunteered to analyze the results and provide a report to the APS Board and members. We will release the results of the survey at the AmeriStamp Expo in Reno, NV in March 2017 and they will be posted to our website soon after.

If you have already responded, thank you! Several stamp clubs have circulated the links as a reminder to members and letting non-members know we are looking for their input as well.

We have two links, one for APS members and the other for non-members. We welcome all stamp collectors to provide their thoughts on the direction we should take the APS.

If you are a member, please respond here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/59PMYZP

If you are not currently a member of the APS, please use the following link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/D9WWVVF

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and please feel free to share these links with collectors you know.
Send note to Staff

Valued Member
United States
93 Posts
Posted 12/12/2016   9:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add uboatnut to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
surveymonkey keeps timing out while moving to next page. Finally gave up around question 52.

How many questions are there in total?
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
76 Posts
Posted 12/12/2016   9:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bobplates to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Just did it. Did not time out on me. Not sure the total number of questions although it does end up with some questions about demographics.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1897 Posts
Posted 12/12/2016   10:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add chasa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I suggested to them that they should differentiate between Internet use and PC use when collecting stamps. I do much on the PC that is not Internet.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1096 Posts
Posted 12/12/2016   10:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Did not time out on me and went smoothly.
Edited by redwoodrandy - 12/12/2016 11:26 pm
Valued Member
United States
51 Posts
Posted 12/12/2016   10:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ScottEnglish to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The total number of questions is 71. We've had a quick jump since I posted the links in the last couple of hours.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
682 Posts
Posted 12/13/2016   12:08 am  Show Profile Check cfrphoto's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add cfrphoto to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Some of the questions lack a none of the above answer. What happens is no choice fits?
Valued Member
United States
51 Posts
Posted 12/13/2016   08:29 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ScottEnglish to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
In the event there is a question that does not have an answer that fits, some people have opted to skip the question. You can also consider adding comments at the end specific to that question that reflects your point of view.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Canada
5314 Posts
Posted 12/13/2016   08:50 am  Show Profile Check BeeSee's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BeeSee to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have filled it out. I received an email invitation to participate. I am an APS member.

BeeSee in BC
"The Postmark is Mightier than the Stamp"
http://brcstamps.com ---- BNAPS, RPSC, APS
Valued Member
United States
113 Posts
Posted 12/13/2016   09:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mml1942 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

I received my Survey invitation and completed it the same day.

Two minor issues. After moving to the next page, I realized I had answered one of the questions incorrectly. But never found a way to go back to the previous page.

The second issue was that I am essentially a postal history collector rather than a stamp collector, so a number of the questions were irrelevant to my collecting interests and behaviors. I answered most of these trying to reflect on past behaviors and what I might have wanted to see were I still focusing on stamps.

I am looking forward to seeing the summary of the survey results, and hope they will bring into focus some consensus of where APS needs to direct/redirect its activities.

Mike

APS Life member since 1980
Valued Member
Learn More...
Canada
259 Posts
Posted 12/13/2016   10:50 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Renden to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice questions for US residents but I think they forgot the non-US APS members !
Valued Member
United States
74 Posts
Posted 12/13/2016   11:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rugface to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I received the email and completed the survey within a couple of days. As I recall, my impression was that the survey was pretty generic and I had difficulty seeing how the results could be of significant help in moving forward. I don't remember any specifics about why I had that impression, just that that was my first reaction.
Valued Member
United States
93 Posts
Posted 12/13/2016   2:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add uboatnut to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Done
Valued Member
Learn More...
324 Posts
Posted 12/13/2016   2:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 1840to1940 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A number of questions were on attendance at stamp meetings, but I was glad to see the questions about what would be desirable in a premium membership category. The only omitted area that I thought could have received more emphasis was gauging the importance of discussion groups such as this one. (There was a question concerning APS starting a blog, but not about whether one reads philatelic blogs in general.)
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Canada
5314 Posts
Posted 12/13/2016   7:21 pm  Show Profile Check BeeSee's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BeeSee to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The only omitted area that I thought could have received more emphasis was gauging the importance of discussion groups such as this one

Just what I though, and I mentioned it in the end comments.

BeeSee in BC
"The Postmark is Mightier than the Stamp"
http://brcstamps.com ---- BNAPS, RPSC, APS
Valued Member
United States
297 Posts
Posted 12/14/2016   08:39 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add knuppster59 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I found it interesting they were throwing out feelers for premium membership and what would attract potential members to it. Also, I was glad to provide feedback for on-line archived and real time courses.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics
  Railroad letter 1866.
  Mail from Hungary- Four weeks and waiting
  78-79 Japanese Collector Book - Looking for more info
  Scott #4001 and #4002 Common Buckeye Butterfly 2006
  Nicaragua Palace and Cathedral Issue
  Unitrade 715 tagging memory test ?
  Need Help with US 9 Cent Stamp
  Hungary Charity Overprint from WWI
  I discovered I was blocked from bidding
  R24c your thoughts please
  Some postage stamps I think it's Variety.
  Belgium King Albert I 1915-1920 15c color Vareity..؟؟؟
  Spain , Scott 277 color Vareity..؟؟؟
  value of a couple of stamps
  a question about 1kr deutsches reich stamp
  Ebay buyer not paying - what is process?
  Help with SAAR Scott # 6 and 14
  Scott 6 -Nova Scotia - Another plate scratch..?
  Soviet Union 1958 Civil Aviation Error stamp
  Scott 11 Nova Scotia - possible variety..?
  eBay Advice: Ditch the Unique, List Commodities
  Is There a Best Los Angeles Dealer to Sell Inherited Stamp Collection for Fairest Price?
  "Back to fix title" message
  Plz help identify stamps and varients.
  Stamp Smarter February Contest - Win a Tablet!

Mail from Hungary- Four weeks and waiting
  Pan-Am Cover to Borneo????
  Scott #4001 and #4002 Common Buckeye Butterfly 2006
  Bugs, Insects, & Creepy Crawlies
  Railroad letter 1866.
  Unitrade 715 tagging memory test ?
  I discovered I was blocked from bidding
  78-79 Japanese Collector Book - Looking for more info
  Nicaragua Palace and Cathedral Issue
  danish classics, show them to me.
  mm size for coil waste issues
  What Did You Do Philatelically: Today or Recently?
  BRIDGES,BRIDGES,BRIDGES! on stamps
  Great Britain Concise Catalog Question
  Spain , Scott 277 color Vareity..؟؟؟
  African colonial forerunners
  Hungary Charity Overprint from WWI
  What Was in YOUR Mailbox Today??
  Belgium King Albert I 1915-1920 15c color Vareity..؟؟؟
  Philosophical guidance on plate flaws
  Some postage stamps I think it's Variety.
  Penalty for Private Use Cover with MisPlaced Notice
  Christmas Around the World 2016
  Need Help with US 9 Cent Stamp
  a question about 1kr deutsches reich stamp

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2014 Stamp Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 0.64 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05