Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Stamp Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

New Canadian "Kiosk" Stamps  

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9
Valued Member
Canada
23 Posts
Posted 12/20/2016   1:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cdn-booklets to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Looking at the strip on the CPC website makes me wonder if some of the errors that have shown up where a strip of labels has skip printing is a result of the post office testing how to print those labels off since they had to adjust the length of the strip and how many times to print the code on the strip.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Canada
1019 Posts
Posted 12/20/2016   6:27 pm  Show Profile Check Gilles le timbre's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Gilles le timbre to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Does any one has the address of the richmond hill one?
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
4096 Posts
Posted 12/20/2016   6:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add lithograving to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
8889 YONGE ST
RICHMOND HILL ON L4C 7Z0

Hours of Operation
Sunday 09:00 - 17:00
Monday 09:00 - 21:00
Tuesday 09:00 - 21:00
Wednesday 09:00 - 21:00
Thursday 09:00 - 21:00
Friday 09:00 - 21:00
Saturday 09:00 - 17:00
Services

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/...d=0000105074
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
513 Posts
Posted 12/23/2016   8:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jimjung to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The Richmond Hill one is on the east side of Yonge Street just north of Highway 7.
Valued Member
Canada
114 Posts
Posted 12/25/2016   3:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add sylvain.m to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I got a set from Richmond Hill. I wonder if someone would be my shopper for a set from the Edmonton P.O. Many thanks in advance.
Pillar Of The Community
576 Posts
Posted 12/27/2016   6:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add sak to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I see that Canada Post's offering of an OFDC has the 14-digit code, not the 18-digit code.
It appears, therefore, that the stamps on the OFDC were not in existence on the first day of issue. Miracle!
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Canada
1019 Posts
Posted 12/28/2016   08:30 am  Show Profile Check Gilles le timbre's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Gilles le timbre to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Does that mean the 18 digit ones are more scarce?
Edited by Gilles le timbre - 12/28/2016 08:30 am
Pillar Of The Community
576 Posts
Posted 12/28/2016   11:12 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add sak to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The long code was issued from October 31 (FDI) till November 26 as reported by the Corgi Times and mentioned by BlackJag on page 2 of this topic.
They are the ones going for $100 on eBay as opposed to the short codes which are going for half that.
So, as time goes by, the long codes will be the scarce variety (along with the "11" mark and the two shortened values).
My point was that Canada Post obviously prepared the OFDC's long after the fist day of issue, and back dated them - a philatelic no-no.
Valued Member
Canada
23 Posts
Posted 12/28/2016   12:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cdn-booklets to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I believe the 18 digit code presently has an earliest recorded date of 19 Nov with dates through 25 Nov. Has anyone seen dates earlier than 19 Nov?
I believe the previous kiosk stamps had their FDC done in a similar manner - once again an after thought once they got queries from collectors. While most post office OFDC's are questionable as to when they may have been made or cancelled, these ones are more significant due to the computer date that will be on the label - a kiosk collector should have both the strip and cover in their collection - the strip being a different dispensing format from the machines.
Pillar Of The Community
1992 Posts
Posted 12/28/2016   5:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jogil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1218 Posts
Posted 12/29/2016   10:48 pm  Show Profile Check eyeonwall's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add eyeonwall to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Just a thought - if you pull on the stamps while they are printing out, could this cause a "printing error". And would this be a valid "error" if some of the stamps printed out oddly when this is done???

If you can reach them while they are still being printed, then maybe, but they did that in the US with the first print on demasnd stamps and it sometimes caused the machine to go down, plus everyone knew they were artificially created and thus weren't worth much (many such freaks were made).
Valued Member
Canada
15 Posts
Posted 12/30/2016   2:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Kiel to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Its puzzling why sellers on eBay list the 14 digit kiosk stamps as "rare" when you could print as many as you want if you happen to live in the cities where they are located. The truly rare ones are the ones with the 18 digit serial numbers.

The only other reason the kiosk stamps may become a rarity is if they discontinue the printing of them as they did with the 2012 issue.
Pillar Of The Community
1992 Posts
Posted 12/31/2016   06:30 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jogil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It looks like it is a speculated upon new issue due to it being available at only a very few specific locations and it is not known for how long these might be available before some new change is made to them or they are discontinued. This uncertainty adds to its popularity. In essence, these are made to order/print on demand stamps, which if successfully popular, may one day supplement, overtake or replace preprinted stamps.
Edited by jogil - 12/31/2016 06:32 am
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Canada
1019 Posts
Posted 12/31/2016   11:59 am  Show Profile Check Gilles le timbre's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Gilles le timbre to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
While looking at those carefully, and comparing the strips of 5 printed by different post offices, it appears that they differ somewhat in the order the vignettes come out. For example, the 1st Vancouver I got shows the Robinson picture on top, thus the "raised lettering " appears on the MacDonald (4th one). In the Richmond Hill, that I got last Saturday, the top vignette is MacDonald, and the raised inscription is on the Lisner stamp. Some new Vancouver ones now show the Emily Carr vignette on top and the Robinson has the raised letters. I would be interested to know if there are strips with the Thompson or the Lisner vignette on top. What it all means: there could be 5 varieties for each value. I am awaiting for the ones I purchased from Canada Post to show up to see which store they belong (first 4 digits) and the order of the vignettes on each strips.
Pillar Of The Community
576 Posts
Posted 12/31/2016   1:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add sak to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, I noticed that, too, Gilles le T.
I have 18-digit Robinson on top, 18-digit Carr on top, and 14-digit Lismer on top.
They are all in the same order, so I'd guess that it depends on what starts off the roll - maybe a few get cut off at the start.
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics
  Rare unique combination of cracked plates
  October 1862 Revenue Canx - Let's see them!
  Latvia New Year Postcards--Humorous? Quirky?
  Need advice on how to start a collection the 'right way'
  Want Lists Online? Etc...
  Cape of Good Hope : Revenues.
  Buying USA Discount Postage Stamps
  Need help identifying these stamps
  200 Reís Brazilian stamp. Any info on this?
  Medallion One Cent Blue?
  Calling any platers of 1857 10 cent type V #35
  Rocky Mountain Stamp Show ROMPEX
  Plate Block Album and Mounting Suggestions
  Unknown #483 Plate Number ?
  Mexico Official stamp?
  Lots of old fakes and forgeries out there.
  Free British Stamp Exhibitions Catalogue
  British Stamp Exhibitions Catalogue
  china 1941-1945 airpost
  3 Latvia 1909 Postcards--Same Model, Same Props, Different Poses
  Panama first day cover scott 258 from Czerna C. Lafler collection
  Washington 2 Cent What stamp should I look for ؟
  Help! Russian Wrapper, what sender destination?
  How many proofs are in circulation..?
  Need help with Romania charity stamp.

Need help identifying these stamps
  Canada Post Office Packs?
  Buying Marshall Islands Stamps?
  Medallion One Cent Blue?
  Lots of old fakes and forgeries out there.
  Rare unique combination of cracked plates
  APS Survey Report Posted
  Dates wanted for Battleship calendar collection
  Unknown #483 Plate Number ?
  Calling any platers of 1857 10 cent type V #35
  October 1862 Revenue Canx - Let's see them!
  Are cheap album manufacturers days numbered?
  Show us your U.S. revenue SOTN/bullseye cancels!
  Want Lists Online? Etc...
  Let's see your most recently purchased stamps
  5c Columbian Double Transfer?
  Stamp Smarter March Contest
  Need advice on how to start a collection the 'right way'
  Latvia New Year Postcards--Humorous? Quirky?
  Odd Hobbies, like Stamp Collecting
  Auction Purchase Destroyed in Mail, Is Anyone Liable?
  Any interest in world Postal Stationery?
  How can I tell if a stamp on cover has a watermark?
  How many pages to you print
  BRIDGES,BRIDGES,BRIDGES! on stamps

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2014 Stamp Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 0.78 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05