Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Stamp Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

New Canadian "Kiosk" Stamps  

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Canada
5374 Posts
Posted 12/17/2016   11:55 am  Show Profile Check BeeSee's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BeeSee to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That is correct Jimjung. See my picture earlier in this post. I could hear the stamps being printed with the values. The design was pre-printed on the rolls though.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page

BeeSee in BC
"The Postmark is Mightier than the Stamp"
http://brcstamps.com ---- BNAPS, RPSC, APS
Valued Member
Canada
23 Posts
Posted 12/17/2016   1:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cdn-booklets to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The image at the right of the stamp is the coil roll of 1500 stamps that repeat the image every 5th stamp. The Rate (Permanent, 12.0 etc) and the second line with Office, data and Transaction number are printed when who make your order.
Valued Member
Canada
15 Posts
Posted 12/17/2016   8:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Kiel to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks BeeSee for the photo and others for clarifying what the stamps are. I'll have some fun soon trying out the new machine.
Valued Member
Canada
222 Posts
Posted 12/17/2016   8:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add EasyOne to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
As asked before, does anyone know if the machine in Richmond Hill is operational? Thanks
Valued Member
Canada
23 Posts
Posted 12/18/2016   12:09 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cdn-booklets to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I know for a fact that the Edmonton machines went online Friday, and the Richond Hill office as also supposed to have gone live Friday too.
Valued Member
Canada
222 Posts
Posted 12/18/2016   09:58 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add EasyOne to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the Richmond Hill info. If I can make time this weekend, I check it out.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
514 Posts
Posted 12/18/2016   10:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jimjung to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm returning home to Richmond Hill for Xmas so I will try to check it out. Just a thought - if you pull on the stamps while they are printing out, could this cause a "printing error". And would this be a valid "error" if some of the stamps printed out oddly when this is done???
Edited by jimjung - 12/18/2016 10:24 am
Pillar Of The Community
1992 Posts
Posted 12/19/2016   11:36 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jogil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I do live in the GTA area and can probably access this. However, I do not collect these new types of stamps.
Valued Member
Canada
35 Posts
Posted 12/19/2016   4:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pwscg to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The Richmond Hill kiosk has the stamps now - I bought 1 strip of each value this afternoon (Monday Dec 19). I did not get there last Friday so don't know whether they were available then.
14 character code = 10496512195808.
Otherwise very much like the illustrations in this thread including the raised denomination & code on the 4th (Arthur Lismer) stamp in each strip.
There is no "11" in lower left corner and no font differences.
Valued Member
Canada
222 Posts
Posted 12/19/2016   5:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add EasyOne to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I visited the Richmond Hill kiosk this afternoon and although there was a line up of customers, the clerk came with me and made sure I could use the machine properly. Loved the service.

My 14 characters are a bit different. The "P", $1.20 and $1.80 have 10496512195215, and the $2.50 has 10496512195216.

The printing of the dollar value of the fourth stamp down for $1.20, $1.80 and $2.50 has the 1 or 2 almost touching the upper perforations. All other appear normal

Valued Member
Canada
23 Posts
Posted 12/20/2016   01:27 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cdn-booklets to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Kiosks in Edmonton were down today (Monday) and had signs posted on them Temporarily Out of Order. A visit to the Vancouver machines on Sunday night had both machines showing Loading Peripherals and non functional. On the Richmond Hill strips shown in the previous post, the difference is just the transaction number - it implies you ordered the P, 1.20 and 1.80 on one order, then the 2.50 order was done on a separate transaction.
Valued Member
Canada
35 Posts
Posted 12/20/2016   09:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pwscg to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
On mine, the Permanent & $1.80 have transaction number 5807 while the $1.20 and $2.50 have 5808, even though I put them through only one transaction. Also keyed them in in denomination sequence.

Anyway, all mine have a 1-bar tag on the right side. Does that match everyone else's?

Peter
Valued Member
Canada
222 Posts
Posted 12/20/2016   11:13 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add EasyOne to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Like pwscg, my stamps were all the one transaction and they too have the one-bar right-sided tagging.
Don
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Canada
5374 Posts
Posted 12/20/2016   11:36 am  Show Profile Check BeeSee's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BeeSee to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The Kiosk stamps are now on the Canada Post website:

https://www.canadapost.ca/shop/new/...ecution=e1s1

They have the Vancouver 10534 number and are on a special pane rather than what is normally dispensed from the machine. The FDC is also available.

BeeSee in BC
"The Postmark is Mightier than the Stamp"
http://brcstamps.com ---- BNAPS, RPSC, APS
Valued Member
Canada
23 Posts
Posted 12/20/2016   1:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cdn-booklets to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The original thought on the last 4 digits was that each payment transaction resulted in another sequence number. However this appears therefore to not be quite the case, as it generates more sequence numbers than orders. We will find out exactly how those digits work.
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics
  2017 Inaugural DCP envelope is now on sale
  GB SG7, Any Idea What Plate this May Be??
  Germany - 1922-23 40m greenish olive rare shade
  US Scott #2529C varriant
  Franklin 9c - The Eye Different
  US Scott national Album page
  Philatelic Calendar for April.
  Scott 88 - Engraver slip..?
  More Cartel shenanigans
  Great Britain Stamped Paper Revenues Question
  Stamps2Go- Anyone Else having Issues Tonight??
  Purple Heart Reissues
  Obvious reperf of Scott 309
  Question about Official release dates and "First Known Usage"
  Belgium Hexagon Cancels
  Old stamps from Asia and Russia
  Washington 1 green, rotary coil waste Scott 545 ?
  Some tagged/untagged stamps not in Unitrade.
  Nice Block Find R6 Stamps
  Belgian Numeral Cancels
  Belgium railway cancel on regular stamps
  Neat improper usage I found
  Switzerland BOB Postage Due
  Brazil International Postal Tax - Series B?
  Misidentified narcotic stamp, and fake as well

Modern Industrial Art and Design
  Medicine revenue experts -- what have we here?
  1c 1851 Plate 3 Stamps
  What Happened with Schaubek??
  US Scott #2529C varriant
  Germany - 1922-23 40m greenish olive rare shade
  GB SG7, Any Idea What Plate this May Be??
  Scott 88 - Engraver slip..?
  Philatelic Calendar for April.
  PMGS Stamp Album Page Generator for Scribus v1.2
  Scott 24 with a twist (curl that is!)
  Stamps2Go- Anyone Else having Issues Tonight??
  2017 Inaugural DCP envelope is now on sale
  Pick of the Day - SG125 Constant Plate Varieties
  More Cartel shenanigans
  Franklin 9c - The Eye Different
  Great Britain-1867 sc#57 plate 2 wmk maltese cross "ink error"?
  Purple Heart Reissues
  US Scott national Album page
  Great Britain Stamped Paper Revenues Question
  Double and Triple Transfers
  Digital album - presenting stamps on digital album pages
  Some tagged/untagged stamps not in Unitrade.
  Need Help With US Scott #101
  PNC Plate Number Coil

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2014 Stamp Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 0.91 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05