Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Stamp Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

New Canadian "Kiosk" Stamps  

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1238 Posts
Posted 11/29/2016   12:34 am  Show Profile Check eyeonwall's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add eyeonwall to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The seller is now offereing a set for US$49.99

Someone was nice enough to supply me with some of the earlier ones (the after the rate change ones), but at roughly C$30 for 4 strips of 5 I think I'm out.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Canada
5376 Posts
Posted 12/05/2016   01:06 am  Show Profile Check BeeSee's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BeeSee to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here are the Kiosk stamps I got in Vancouver last week.

Interestingly, the control number has 14 digits, while other stamps from the same office (seen on eBay) have 14 digits. Some also have a mysterious "11" in the lower left corner as shown below. I did not get any with the "11".

BeeSee in BC
"The Postmark is Mightier than the Stamp"
http://brcstamps.com ---- BNAPS, RPSC, APS
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Canada
5376 Posts
Posted 12/05/2016   01:14 am  Show Profile Check BeeSee's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BeeSee to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here they are coming out of the machine.

BeeSee in BC
Pillar Of The Community
2020 Posts
Posted 12/05/2016   01:40 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jogil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have seen that some are selling them on eBay for quite a bit. This may be since they appear to only be available in Vancouver, BC, Calgary, AB, and Richmond Hill, ON.
Valued Member
Canada
23 Posts
Posted 12/06/2016   03:19 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cdn-booklets to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The kiosk stamps had an 18 digit code up to and including 25 Nov which was changed to a 14 digit code on 26 Nov as has been illustrated. The original code had the machine number and a 6 digit date (now 4 digits) and no machine number. When an order was placed when 18 digit codes were used, the first set off had the 11 while an order of multiple strips did not have the 11 (just the first printed). The machines are not presently printing the 11. Since the first format of the code appears to have been only out for a week or so, they may end up fairly scarce, but I suspect a fair number were bought by dealers and collectors.
Learn More...
3051 Posts
Posted 12/06/2016   03:52 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Related topic that might be of interest to our northern neighbors http://goscf.com/t/51959

There is a very good chance the Canadian kiosks also have a diagnosis mode.
Don
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Canada
5376 Posts
Posted 12/08/2016   09:05 am  Show Profile Check BeeSee's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BeeSee to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
There are apparently different printed text heights on the Kiosk stamps. These were captured from eBay.

Notice the smaller fonts on the bottom "2.50" and "Permanent"

I am not sure if it is just inaccuracies of the high speed printer or different fonts. The values are printed as the stamps are dispensed. And believe me, the come out at a high speed.

All mine have the larger type.

BeeSee in BC
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
934 Posts
Posted 12/08/2016   10:20 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BlackJag to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Where is the date in the coding on the 14 digit stamps?

I can see 161122 as the date on the earlier 18 digit stamps.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
934 Posts
Posted 12/08/2016   11:48 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BlackJag to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I just called CP philatelic to order the FDC and strip of 4. They've never heard of the Kiosk issue. I read BeeSEE's November 23 posting about Jim Phillips's statement to the rep and asked that someone contact Phillips and call me back so I can order the issue. Too bad Phillips can tell a public citizen, but not his own staff.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Canada
5376 Posts
Posted 12/08/2016   12:18 pm  Show Profile Check BeeSee's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BeeSee to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Blackjag, my purchase was on November 26, so I assume 1126 covers that. My receipt had the time as 12:55.28, so perhaps they just eliminated the 12. A bit weird anyway.

BeeSee in BC
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
934 Posts
Posted 12/08/2016   3:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BlackJag to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I just finished reading the November-December 2016 newsletter of the Elizabethan II Study Group articles on the new Kiosk stamps. Mirko Zatka's article says that the change from the YYMMDD 6 digit date code to the MMDD 4 digit date code was effective November 26, the day BeeSee bought his stamps.

In the same newsletter, Robin Harris (editor of the Unitrade catalogue as well as the newsletter) raised the issue of Canada Post not informing in any manner, the Christmas stamps until 4 days before their issue date, while Linn's Stamp News and a USA newspaper had all of the images and information on this year's Christmas issue one year ago.

Canada Post Philatelic just called me and I lead the rep to this site and this forum, which she read. As a result, she is emailing someone with the info on the new Kiosk stamps and the fact that no-one in the order department even knew they were issued. While on the phone with me, she did find a reference to the 5 stamp OFDC and strip of 5 images. Both have the Permanent stamps only, not the $1.20, $1.80 or $2.50 values.

I'll update this after CP calls me again.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
934 Posts
Posted 12/08/2016   4:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BlackJag to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Canada Post Philatelic 1-800-565-4362 now has the products available following my telephone conversations with them.

OFDC (5 different images - Permanent rate) Price is $5.25 product #404036126
and
the strip of mint stamps (5 different images - Permanent rate Price is $4.25 product #404036118.

Additional handling charge is $4.99 per order.

Of course, GST, RST, or HST as applicable on total price.

I've ordered mine and shipping date is December 13th.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Canada
5376 Posts
Posted 12/08/2016   5:55 pm  Show Profile Check BeeSee's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BeeSee to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the detective work Blackjag! It will be interesting to see what type of coding is on those stamps from the Philatelic Centre.

BeeSee in BC
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Canada
1023 Posts
Posted 12/08/2016   8:51 pm  Show Profile Check Gilles le timbre's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Gilles le timbre to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Blackjag, I am unable to connect to the link you mentioned from Canada Postes. Can you provide a new one?
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
934 Posts
Posted 12/09/2016   09:44 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BlackJag to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Canada Post is automatically underlined and in blue on this site when typed normally. It is not a link. As far as I know, these items are not on CP's site yet, so I gave the order department's telephone number for ordering instead of a link.
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics
  Can collecting be a great investment as well as a great interest?
  Sorting through a shoebox of mixed world stamps
  1906-08 MLH guide line pair scott #314 schermack perforation.help me value my line pair?
  Auxiliary Handstamp: CALLED OUT
  Unknown stamp red no value
  Don't be deceived by this odd item
  1934 Stamp Club Menu overprint
  Selling $3 Columbian on Delcampe....
  Steiner pages for Canada
  Australian Penny Red (2)
  Getting Acquainted with Collecting
  New one and two cent acquisitions
  Founded collectable British one pennys
  Large and not so large margins in some stamps
  Canada Post new 150 anniversary series admail
  Austria Lombardy Venetia 2 Soldi Imperf???
  Old Swiss & Austrian & Hungarian Stamps
  RUSSIAN EMPIRE: 4k rose with curious background
  is it variety color left stamp I mean
  Help needed to identify Russian postmark
  Singapore SG85? equal Scott 57b?
  Gunshot wound freak? I cannot tell.
  Canada: New Star Trek Stamps
  After 15 years I lost the enjoyment
  NFR17 perf 12 - Anyone recognize this part-perfin?

Getting Acquainted with Collecting
  Auxiliary Handstamp: CALLED OUT
  BRIDGES,BRIDGES,BRIDGES! on stamps
  Can collecting be a great investment as well as a great interest?
  Belgium 1946 Provisional Surcharges
  1934 Stamp Club Menu overprint
  Reverse print on reverse!
  After 15 years I lost the enjoyment
  Sorting through a shoebox of mixed world stamps
  Show Us Your Completed Album Pages!
  1906-08 MLH guide line pair scott #314 schermack perforation.help me value my line pair?
  New one and two cent acquisitions
  Don't be deceived by this odd item
  Nice Cancel, slogan or Postmark?
  Unmarked Missent cover
  Australian Penny Red (2)
  Gallatin Tennessee Postmaster Provisional Question
  Unknown stamp red no value
  belgium---postal forgery ?
  More philatelic butchery
  Gunshot wound freak? I cannot tell.
  Purchased this cover today at thrift store!
  Four to Eight Weeks for Mail from Canada- Huh??
  Steiner pages for Canada
  Have another beer stamp!

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2014 Stamp Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 0.87 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05