Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Stamp Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Misc BOB stamps and Cinderellas  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

106 Posts
Posted 11/17/2016   11:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Magguss to your friends list  Get a Link to this Message
Just wanted to share a few BOB stamps and Cinderella's. There are a few I know that are more Cinderella stamps, or foreign, but they are all stamps that aren't in the Scott US specialized catalog. I don't really have a place for them in any catalog, so I was wondering if a lot of people collect some of these oddities, or if most people who collect stick mostly to the stamps in the Scott Specialized Catalog? I do wonder why some stamps aren't in there, even though I know there are other books that discuss them, like the Customs stamps below.

Ignore the Samoa stamp at the top. 99.99% sure its a reprint

Cute little stamp for playground rides!

Was curious about the Cinderella on the left, but haven't got around to going to my local stamp library to look it up. Stamp on the right I'm going to assume is foreign, but no clue what it is.

Some kind of advertising?

Next 2 I got in a lot of cut squares, but I'm thinking maybe someone just thought they were cut squares.

Anyways, no real question to this post. Just thought I'd throw up a few BOB and Cinderella stamps not seen often in here.
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
630 Posts
Posted 11/18/2016   12:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add yakboomer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That coin stamp is certainly interesting. I wonder what the purpose of it was?
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
106 Posts
Posted 11/18/2016   12:16 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Magguss to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah. Unless I'm mistaken, 25c is a coin.
Edited by Magguss - 11/18/2016 12:17 am
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1381 Posts
Posted 11/18/2016   12:32 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
All are collectible. Very nice.
Valued Member
United States
424 Posts
Posted 12/19/2016   6:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Newby Stamper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have the margarine the telegraph and the coin stamp as well. The coin stamp is a mail it for solicitation from the insurance company. The solicitation provided an application card with a space for inserting a coin to pay for the first 30 days of coverage while the application was being processed.
You stuck the stamp to the solicitation letter which secured the proper coin in place so it wouldn't move around the enevople or get lost or stolen in the mail. There are 2 denominations I think and they are 10-30 day and the you have 25c-30day. Printed in blue or red on white paper and also a black on shinny gold colored paper which is worth a few cents more. They can also be perforated or imperforated. Hopes that helps
Newly Stamper.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
630 Posts
Posted 12/19/2016   7:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add yakboomer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
thanks, Newby Stamper for the info on the coin stamp issue.

regards, TR
Pillar Of The Community
United States
3490 Posts
Posted 12/19/2016   7:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The margarine stamp is just one of several values. This design exists as a series 1926, 1931 and 1935 for both uncolored and colored oleomargarine (taxed at 10 cents a pound instead of 1/4 cent thanks to the butter industry). As unequal taxation I believe they were declared unconstitutional; in any case they were discontinued in 1950. . Oleomargarine stamps go back to 1886 and are listed in the 10th edition of Springer. Many of the 1886-1915 stamps are quite scarce since they were used on the boxes and were difficult to remove.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
3490 Posts
Posted 12/19/2016   7:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
There is a catalog for the customs baggage stamps which was listed in the American Revenuer. It is available on the AR website under research.

http://www.revenuer.org/
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1458 Posts
Posted 12/19/2016   8:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mike33 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here's your Telegraph stamp

Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
18386 Posts
Posted 12/24/2016   6:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Denver Airpost Exchange
Currency in English and Arabic.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
869 Posts
Posted 12/24/2016   6:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
No mention of the Denver International Airport would be complete without touching on a popular subject/bugaboo of conspiracy theorists: the secret alien-government facility supposedly built under it. My understanding is that some people believe that the U.S.A. is being run by aliens and their human cohorts deep under the Denver airport.

This cinderella appears to predate the arrival of extraterrestrials...maybe.
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
18386 Posts
Posted 12/24/2016   8:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
This cinderella appears to predate the arrival of extraterrestrials...maybe.

I am not so sure, the dromedary and the cameleer, appear to tower above the date palms..........
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics
  Subway Stamp Shop -- Website and Wished-for Products
  Hodge Podge of stamps I need help identifying
  1875-88 canada registration stamp F1 (i cannot determine color)? org,vermilion or rose carmine?
  Scott # 35 major re-entry (Sc 35XX) ?
  What is an "Internal Tear"??
  What's not to like about gators?
  The Stamps of Kyrgyzstan.
  How often do you gaze upon?
  Australian Penny Red
  Purchased this cover today at thrift store!
  QR6 Quebec registration stamp - Need second opinion.
  Where Do Mint Postage Due Stamps Come From???
  Recommendation re: good UV lights?
  Need help identifying stamp
  Tasmania Cancellation
  Red streak in this C11 airmail
  2 cents George Washington
  Deutshes Reich Stamp
  Australia one penny red stamp
  Scott #8? I Wish I Was That Smart
  Deutsch Reich "Germania" 10 Pf. 1920-1921 bright Yellow-Orange Variety???
  Scott 047 or 047iii...?
  1932 Block of 4 Kangaroo & Map in Violet
  ECUADOR 36 Revenue Tax Fiscal Stamps - Latin America BOB Back of Book Engraved
  XMAS 1898 - Is that a Precancel under there?

Hodge Podge of stamps I need help identifying
  Where Do Mint Postage Due Stamps Come From???
  Wow! Somebody got creative...
  Subway Stamp Shop -- Website and Wished-for Products
  RUSSIA ---1924 lenin imperf . fakes and forgeries
  Need help identifying stamp
  1875-88 canada registration stamp F1 (i cannot determine color)? org,vermilion or rose carmine?
  Subway Nassau Binders Discontinued
  BRIDGES,BRIDGES,BRIDGES! on stamps
  Removing those pesky self adhesives from envelopes
  What's not to like about gators?
  1c 1851 Plate 3 Stamps
  Whats in your Library?
  Help With Japanese Stamp
  What makes a stamp dealer successful?
  How often do you gaze upon?
  Purchased this cover today at thrift store!
  Scott # 35 major re-entry (Sc 35XX) ?
  What is an "Internal Tear"??
  Australian Perfins and Perfin Varieties
  The Stamps of Australia : On Steiner Pages.
  1932 Block of 4 Kangaroo & Map in Violet
  Urban Legends of Philately
  Tasmania Cancellation
  The Stamps of Kyrgyzstan.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2014 Stamp Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 0.79 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05