Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Stamp Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Your thoughts on APS "Circuit Books"  

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar Of The Community
United States
980 Posts
Posted 10/31/2016   09:09 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mobilman44 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
As I last posted, I did sign up for circuit books, and a week or so later got an email acknowledgement. I've heard nothing since then, and wonder how long it will be before I get the first grouping.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
4030 Posts
Posted 10/31/2016   09:21 am  Show Profile Check Petert4522's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Try to be a bit patient, you will get one. They have to fit you into an existing route, and if that one just started it will take some time for another one. Also, it makes a difference what exactly you are signing up for.

Peter
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
512 Posts
Posted 10/31/2016   10:10 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add oldguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A circuit's "speed" depends on a lot of factors:
1) What circuit(s) you choose, the available inventory and popularity;
2) how many people are on the circuit;
3) how quickly the circuit members forward the circuit onward (supposed to be moved within 7 days, but some folks will squat on a circuit for longer);
4) Where you are on the circuit list (new members are added to the bottom of the list initially but each time a new circuit is sent, you move up one space until you are the first recipient);

Once started, the 4 circuits I am on come about every other month. It appears that the average circuit makes it back to APS in about 6-8 weeks.
Edited by oldguy - 10/31/2016 10:15 am
Valued Member
Learn More...
Canada
374 Posts
Posted 10/31/2016   12:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Renden to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Renden (Rene)

[quote][/Thanks Peter - will check at the P.O. Also wrote to APS for their experience with Int'lquote]

APS does not do Circuit books in Canada (APS response)- so I have no thoughts about the Topic
Edited by Renden - 10/31/2016 12:17 pm
Valued Member
Learn More...
329 Posts
Posted 10/31/2016   4:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 1840to1940 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I just restarted after having been "on the move" for a year. I believe it took about two months for the first one to arrive after submitting the request. Interestingly, a second circuit came in two days after the first. I have signed up for two others, but haven't gotten either (one is a high demand/limited supply circuit so I know it will be a while).

"Oldguys" list is good. I might expand by saying I've had circuits in the past where there were as few as 4 names on the list and those turned around quickly. I've also been on ones with ten or more recipients.
Edited by 1840to1940 - 10/31/2016 4:15 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
980 Posts
Posted 11/03/2016   06:42 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mobilman44 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi!
I ordered the I.D. rubber stamp yesterday (www.wcp-nm.com)so that should get me ready to work the circuits. Of course I'm still in "waiting mode", and while I'm a pretty patient guy, I'm also anxious for them to arrive. On a side note, I'm also waiting for a 2017 truck - ordered in mid August with a build date of 11/30 which makes delivery to me about 12/10 or so.
Learn More...
2950 Posts
Posted 11/03/2016   07:11 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow! I knew you dealt in bigger lots and collections but needing to buy a truck to move them!
Don
Pillar Of The Community
United States
980 Posts
Posted 11/28/2016   6:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mobilman44 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi!
Just an update.............nothing to report. No circuit books, no truck............

Valued Member
Learn More...
329 Posts
Posted 11/28/2016   6:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 1840to1940 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
mobilman44, I went back and checked my records. I requested 3 new circuits of US stamps on July 1, 2016. The first two arrived the second week of September and the third in middle November (this last one had limited availability). I think once you hit three months it would be worth contacting APS, although now that we are in the holiday season, the circuits may slow down a bit with people on vacation, etc. Sorry this is taking so long but I hope you will find it worth the wait.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1735 Posts
Posted 11/28/2016   9:17 pm  Show Profile Check TheArtfulHinger's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TheArtfulHinger to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Just got my first circuit in the mail today. Looks like I'll be adding some stamps to my collection over the next couple days!
Pillar Of The Community
United States
980 Posts
Posted 12/16/2016   06:12 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mobilman44 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi!

Well, two days ago I took delivery of the new truck, and yesterday the first box of circuit books arrived (USA - BOB). The timing is terrific, for I was feeling a bit low on the hobby as I couldn't even find a decent world album to bid on ( eBay) for the last two months. Now, I've got something to help fill the void.

Oh, the truck is terrific! Its a silver (black interior) 2017 Ford F150 XLT Supercab Sport with the bells and whistles.
Pillar Of The Community
USA
9740 Posts
Posted 12/17/2016   2:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add philb to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello, our club had always received a box of 16 or so sales books requested by the members...as APS rep I had to request that the circuit be discontinued until further notice...i would have liked to have had 20 dollars or better per month in sales...but lately its only been a few dollars. I think our members are spoiled as they can buy stamps at the club for 20 percent of catalog and therefore think 50 percent of catalog or better in the circuit books are too pricey. Now we are saving 8 dollars plus a month in postage and insurance and its less work for me !

APS 070059 Life Member International Society of Guatemala Collectors I.S.G.C. #853
Pillar Of The Community
United States
980 Posts
Posted 12/17/2016   5:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mobilman44 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi!
Just finished packing up the circuit books for their next stop. I got several stamps from them, spending just over $90. I'm looking forward to the next circuit package(s), and hopefully will be able to fill some holes at reasonable prices. Have to say, I do enjoy going thru them, for each page is a surprise.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
980 Posts
Posted 02/19/2017   10:49 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mobilman44 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi again!
Just thought I'd pass along an update for those interested in getting involved with the APS sales circuits. I'm just now packing up another set for the next person in line. I have spent $80-$95 on each set that has come my way.

I find most of the prices quite reasonable, and have been pleased to get good examples of stamps I have been especially after.

Is there a downside to the sales circuits? Well, not in my view, but there are two things that some might have a problem with.

The first is that the turnaround time is expected to be a week or less. For some, that may be a constraint but certainly not for me.
The second is that there is some detailed paper work to be done. Obviously it is a necessity, and I find that its just not that big of a deal.

Anyway, I'm glad I got involved with them, and look forward to the next set.
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics
  Expect fewer stamps on your mail
  About Stamp memories
  United Nations 1948-1973
  Scott catalog 2018 edition to be 12 volumes
  Queen Victoria Penny Red Identification
  gernany - 1922 -1923 3000 Mk - blackish brown ??
  Need one more of these.
  Help with a US Internal revenue, series of 1875 - private?
  Advice for selling an Inherited collection on Ebay
  Print your own pages (like Steiner) but in SG format?
  1870 GB #58 where is the plate number?
  Set of 1932 Sydney Harbour Bridge stamps
  Spain - 75th Anniversary - Revenue?
  Request to Post Avatar
  Rare unique combination of cracked plates
  October 1862 Revenue Canx - Let's see them!
  Latvia New Year Postcards--Humorous? Quirky?
  Double and Triple Transfers
  Need advice on how to start a collection the 'right way'
  Want Lists Online? Etc...
  Cape of Good Hope : Revenues.
  Buying USA Discount Postage Stamps
  Need help identifying these stamps
  200 Reís Brazilian stamp. Any info on this?
  Medallion One Cent Blue?

Let's see your most recently purchased stamps
  Double and Triple Transfers
  Scott catalog 2018 edition to be 12 volumes
  Advice for selling an Inherited collection on Ebay
  PMGS Stamp Album Page Generator for Scribus v1.2
  What FISH stamps do you have???
  What Did You Do Philatelically: Today or Recently?
  1870 GB #58 where is the plate number?
  Need help identifying these stamps
  APS selling membership lists?
  Sailboats
  Mystic stamp's inventory of current US used stamps
  Expect fewer stamps on your mail
  About Stamp memories
  Stamps on owls
  ROUND Stamps!
  Glass and Art
  Has anyone bought stamp mixes from Nordfrim?
  Cover Calendar for month and day -PICS
  The Stamps of Australia : On Steiner Pages.
  Print your own pages (like Steiner) but in SG format?
  Which catalogue is correct..???
  Auction Purchase Destroyed in Mail, Is Anyone Liable?
  Stamp Smarter March Contest
  A few Album Binder Reviews -

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2014 Stamp Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 0.19 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05