Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Stamp Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

JERUSALEM 2016 - Multinational Stamp Exhibition  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

Israel
48 Posts
Posted 08/11/2016   01:35 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add ashuber to your friends list  Get a Link to this Message
JERUSALEM 2016 - Multinational Stamp Exhibition
2016 November 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
A webpage is now up for JERUSALEM 2016

http://isrstampexe2016i.blogspot.co.il/

"Multinational Stamp Exhibition Participants - U.S.A, Germany, Hungary and Israel. 13-17 November 2016 ICC- International Convention Center, Jerusalem"

I have never been to a stamp exhibition in Israel and am very excited to attend this show.

Seems the last one in Jerusalem was in 2010. A recap was posted to the community here: http://goscf.com/t/9104

Anyone else from the board planning on attending? What can I expect?

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Israel
6114 Posts
Posted 08/11/2016   03:36 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Londonbus1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I will be going so nearer the time we could make arrangements to meet up. Maybe those 2 fellas from the 2010 event will come too !

My daughter studies and lives in Jerusalem now so it will be an even more pleasant trip !

By the way, the last show in Israel was in 2013 at the Exhibition Grounds in Tel Aviv....those 2 fellas turned up for that one too !

Londonbus1....looking forward to meeting you.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Israel
48 Posts
Posted 08/11/2016   07:27 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ashuber to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds good, always happy to meet new friends.
Valued Member
United States
415 Posts
Posted 08/11/2016   6:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ldhaber to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,

My exhibit on the 1/2p GB Machin has been accepted for J'salem 2016 and will be in the frames. I am not sure though if I will be there. Will probably decide once more details on the program are made available.

best,

Larry
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Israel
6114 Posts
Posted 08/12/2016   01:53 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Londonbus1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Great news Larry.

Hope you can make it, would be great to meet.

Looking forward to seeing your exhibit.

Londonbus1
Edited by Londonbus1 - 08/12/2016 01:53 am
Valued Member
United States
155 Posts
Posted 08/12/2016   10:42 am  Show Profile Check adcaplan's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add adcaplan to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Any ideas what new philatelic items Israel will be selling at the show? There is usually an imperf souvenir sheet in the show program, a new Massad sheet available only at the show (and usually slightly different each day of the show), new ATM stamps only at the show, and a new personalized sheet. Gets to be very expensive to collect.
Valued Member
Israel
48 Posts
Posted 08/15/2016   03:49 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ashuber to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have not heard much news about the show except for what is on the Israeli Philatelic Federation website. I think that a new issue of "HaShovel" magazine will be coming out soon - its been a while since I got the last one, and if there is any more info I'll post it to this thread.

adcaplan is right about the expense of all the new sheets an labels to collect, sometimes they are very nice items though.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Israel
6114 Posts
Posted 08/28/2016   3:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Londonbus1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Luckily, I no longer collect postage stamps so will not have a problem with new issues or show specials.....which I am sure there will be plenty of.
Valued Member
United States
415 Posts
Posted 08/28/2016   8:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ldhaber to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
By the way, you can see the list of exhibits and mine is listed. Not sure when the website was updated, but I just checked and saw the listing. First update in quite a while.

On the other hand, I will tell you what frustrating is that there is no further detail on the show. Such as any events, talks or even a list of dealers or some such.

I'm sitting here in the US and would like an excuse to go to the show, but the trip is non-trivial. Like 20 hours in the air and a few $. Not being given much of a reason to go. I send my exhibit to my commissioner beginning of November so, I needn't attend.

From my POV, a shame.

Larry
Valued Member
Israel
48 Posts
Posted 09/08/2016   09:57 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ashuber to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Quick update to the thread, there is not much information in the new edition of "HaShovel" the magazine of the IPF, but there is a letter from the editor that the next issue will be dedicated mostly to Jerusalem 2016. It also noted that this year's exhibition will have the lowest budget on record due to financial difficulties faced by the Israel Post (a major sponsor). Even though the budget has been reduced, based on the exhibitions submitted it is thought that the level of philately will be among the highest in show history.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics
  Spain - 75th Anniversary - Revenue?
  Request to Post Avatar
  Rare unique combination of cracked plates
  October 1862 Revenue Canx - Let's see them!
  Latvia New Year Postcards--Humorous? Quirky?
  Need advice on how to start a collection the 'right way'
  Want Lists Online? Etc...
  Cape of Good Hope : Revenues.
  Buying USA Discount Postage Stamps
  Need help identifying these stamps
  200 Reís Brazilian stamp. Any info on this?
  Medallion One Cent Blue?
  Calling any platers of 1857 10 cent type V #35
  Rocky Mountain Stamp Show ROMPEX
  Plate Block Album and Mounting Suggestions
  Unknown #483 Plate Number ?
  Mexico Official stamp?
  Lots of old fakes and forgeries out there.
  Free British Stamp Exhibitions Catalogue
  British Stamp Exhibitions Catalogue
  china 1941-1945 airpost
  3 Latvia 1909 Postcards--Same Model, Same Props, Different Poses
  Panama first day cover scott 258 from Czerna C. Lafler collection
  Washington 2 Cent What stamp should I look for ؟
  Help! Russian Wrapper, what sender destination?

please help identify China stamps
  Need help identifying these stamps
  Need advice on how to start a collection the 'right way'
  C-Grill? Z-Grill? F-Grill? And Possible Pigeon Blood?
  Spain - 75th Anniversary - Revenue?
  Chinese stamps from 1952, reprints or original
  Lots of old fakes and forgeries out there.
  Let's see your most recently purchased stamps
  has there been a thread on libraries?
  5c Columbian Double Transfer?
  Panama first day cover scott 258 from Czerna C. Lafler collection
  The Stamps of Australia : On Steiner Pages.
  Calling any platers of 1857 10 cent type V #35
  Bare Feet on Stamps ' , ' , ' , '
  Rocky Mountain Stamp Show ROMPEX
  Lets see JEWELRY on stamps!
  Railway (Train) Stations on Stamps
  Poland Stamps : On Album Pages.
  Request to Post Avatar
  Latvia New Year Postcards--Humorous? Quirky?
  APS Survey Report Posted
  Medallion One Cent Blue?
  Are cheap album manufacturers days numbered?
  Canada Post Office Packs?
  Buying Marshall Islands Stamps?

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2014 Stamp Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 0.5 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05