Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Stamp Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Here it is: New American Philatelic Society (APS) Forum  

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4
Valued Member
United States
51 Posts
Posted 04/08/2016   12:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ScottEnglish to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The AP has been fantastic the past few months since Jay Bigalke has become editor. It was good before, but it has made the leap in terms of content and design.

Thank you for that and I will pass it on. Jay and the Editorial team work very hard to put together a great magazine every month. We wouldn't be able to do it without the members who are willing to share their incredible knowledge with us.

Quote:
I have just rejoined APS after being out of the hobby for a decade and was thrilled to learn that I could get my old # back. APS 125825...

Already active in the system. Welcome back and thank you!
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
125 Posts
Posted 04/08/2016   1:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rhett to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I concur with knuppster59 that the American Philatelist journal has gone from very good to exceptional under Jay Bigalke's editorship. It is a must read for me now as soon as it comes.
Valued Member
United States
201 Posts
Posted 04/08/2016   4:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BradS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
If I was an APS member 8 or 9 years ago would I need to apply for membership as if I were a brand new member?
Valued Member
United States
51 Posts
Posted 04/08/2016   11:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ScottEnglish to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Brad --

Apologies for the delay, but am traveling today. You would need to fill out the application here: http://stamps.org/Join-Now. As long as you were not expelled, we can reinstate you. You would not have to go through the publishing process and the waiting period.

You can also contact Judy Johnson, our Membership guru at judy@stamps.org and she will get back to you as quickly as possible.

Scott
Valued Member
United States
201 Posts
Posted 04/09/2016   08:41 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BradS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the information
Valued Member
United States
110 Posts
Posted 04/12/2016   8:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DaveG28 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Scott...I received your package in the mail today. Thank you very much! I think the magazines will be on my nightstand for a few nights so I can read through them. If I enjoy them as much as I suspect I will, you'll be getting my membership application soon.
Valued Member
United States
51 Posts
Posted 04/13/2016   12:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ScottEnglish to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Great news! We've been getting some great feedback about the Kansas/Nebraska Overprint article in the April issue so hope you find it enjoyable.

We look forward to welcoming you to the APS and if there is anything we can do in the meantime, please drop me a note.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Canada
5312 Posts
Posted 04/13/2016   2:44 pm  Show Profile Check BeeSee's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BeeSee to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
We've been getting some great feedback about the Kansas/Nebraska Overprint article in the April issue so hope you find it enjoyable.

While I have not received the April issue yet, I did greatly enjoy the Wake Island and Tristan da Cunha articles in the March issue. Well done!

It is great to have an APS forum here. I have been a member since 1982.

BeeSee in BC
"The Postmark is Mightier than the Stamp"
http://brcstamps.com ---- BNAPS, RPSC, APS
Valued Member
United States
216 Posts
Posted 06/26/2016   11:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 91stang to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
scott, just sent you an email...aps#173697 exp. Thinking about re-upping. Wait last time I re-upped they sent me to Ft. Carson...Life member.ah..um..if you could send me the info in your responce to rhe email I sent you when you can..no hurry. thanks for your time
Pillar Of The Community
508 Posts
Posted 06/27/2016   06:40 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Glenn Estus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Is it time to change the title of this thread? It's no longer "new" and "HERE IT IS" really is extraneous wording. AMERICAN PHILATELIC SOCIETY (APS) FORUM says it all.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
405 Posts
Posted 06/28/2016   12:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I thought APS could not have one since it would cost too much. 8-)
Valued Member
Thailand
12 Posts
Posted 10/08/2016   10:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PhuketMark to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Probably the wrong place to ask, but thought I'd give it a try (couldn't find email link on APS site).

I live in Thailand. The cards the banks issue are not usable outside of Thailand. I want to join the APS again after nearly a 20-year "break".

Does anybody know if the APS can accept a membership payment via Paypal? I have managed to set up a Paypal account (was difficult to do) that works with my Thai debit card. And, if so, would it also work using the Lifetime Member installment plan?

Cheers!
Pillar Of The Community
1915 Posts
Posted 10/09/2016   07:07 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jogil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Is this website mentioned in any APS publication such as the AP?
Edited by jogil - 10/09/2016 07:07 am
Valued Member
United States
318 Posts
Posted 10/09/2016   07:40 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add paperhistory to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
APS usually takes check, money order, or credit card. I don't know that they routinely take paypal but you can contact Judy Johnson (judy@stamps.org) to check further.
Learn More...
2599 Posts
Posted 10/09/2016   07:49 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
APS does not currently take PayPal but I think they are looking into it. Jogil, I do not think that this forum is mentioned in any APS publication but I think that Scott English monitors online philatelic resources like this one.
Don
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics
  What is this "BAR" mark beside this 554 stamp.
  1st post going through gifted stamps
  Different shade of color Scott# 1526
  Interesting US on Mexico Cancel
  I went off and I did it (Scott International)
  information about this error iran stamp ?
  This looks like a strip of 3 26A, but need expert opinion
  When Buying, How Important Are Catalog(ue) Numbers To You In Listings?
  DWI scott 11 normal? arabesque
  Some new revenue document acquisitions
  Italy - stampless letters
  Germany WWII POW covers
  Why web developers lose their hair...Reward to anyone who solves this
  Fluorescent Paper, How to Tell?
  Sunlike kill cancell.
  German postal stationery items ID help needed
  African colonial forerunners
  Greetings from German East Africa
  Fables de la Fontaine
  France Colony, please help!
  Scotts catalog. Have a few questions.
  Flyspecking Scott 650
  edwardv111 stamps moroccan agencies
  Mystery Numeral Stamp
  Amazing Strip of 9 Type IV Scott #9 Franklin on cover

Opinions on Palo albums?
  Overwhelmed by Germany! Articles on Saar & Danzig
  Any interest in world Postal Stationery?
  Flyspecking Scott 650
  France Colony, please help!
  What is this "BAR" mark beside this 554 stamp.
  Amazing Strip of 9 Type IV Scott #9 Franklin on cover
  Different shade of color Scott# 1526
  Breaking Up U.S. Plate Blocks to Get a Nice Single
  Fluorescent Paper, How to Tell?
  British Album Pages, are there Any Good Downloads?
  Modern Industrial Art and Design
  New Canadian "Kiosk" Stamps
  information about this error iran stamp ?
  1st post going through gifted stamps
  When Buying, How Important Are Catalog(ue) Numbers To You In Listings?
  I went off and I did it (Scott International)
  National Stamp Exhibition NYC Feb 10, 1934 Cover Letter
  GB fancy cancel on 137?
  Where did you get the most stamps from last year?
  North Carolina Cleaning Tax
  Interesting US on Mexico Cancel
  Latin Species Names For Plants & Animals
  Not receiving subscription emails
  FIREWORKS on stamps, postmarks, postcards, etc.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2014 Stamp Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 0.61 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05