Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Stamp Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Belgium King Albert I 1915-1920 Issue Help Needed  

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4
Valued Member
Canada
167 Posts
Posted 10/08/2015   11:20 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add softpro to your friends list  Get a Link to this Message
Hi All,

have a small project I am working on & need some assistance with images.
The Belgian issue of 1915-1920 of King Albert, specifically Sc# 108-109, & 111-114 have 5 different types which Scott only footnotes but does not describe. I know what to look for, but only have one of each in my collection.
What I would like is if forum members would be willing to scan their copies (mint or used) at a minimum of 600 dpi or higher. My plan is create a document to describe the process of identifying the different types.
When completed , I will post it here (will be free for everyone) & I will also incorporate it into EzStamp.
Any images sent to me would be under the understanding that I may use them in EzStamp. These images MUST be ones that you have scanned.

Much appreciated. I will be at a show in a few weeks & will search dealers stock for these as well

Thanks to all who assist
Marios
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
2555 Posts
Posted 10/08/2015   7:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
SOFTPRO----My collection contains four types not sure of five types .The four can be found in a STANLEY GIBBONS Europe 1 catalog with a drawing of each type .
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
76 Posts
Posted 10/10/2015   12:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Leejb1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The Michel also has 4 different illustrations, Scott Standard states that there are 4 different types.

Scott # 114 has this listed as red violet
while Michel has # 119 as purple & a second one as brown purple

Valued Member
United States
300 Posts
Posted 10/11/2015   6:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add billsey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The first two frames of my collection are online with the relevant page here. I only call out four different types, which matches the COB catalog. Unfortunately my scans are only 300 DPI, although you can feel free to use them if nothing else surfaces.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2555 Posts
Posted 10/12/2015   08:48 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Here is what you need
Valued Member
Canada
167 Posts
Posted 10/12/2015   10:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add softpro to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
thanks to all who have replied so far.

Am working on it & will post here soon

Marios
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2415 Posts
Posted 10/12/2015   10:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add KGB to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, floor!
Valued Member
Canada
167 Posts
Posted 10/19/2015   11:15 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add softpro to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Everyone,

I have completed my document on the 1915-1922 Belgium King Albert I varieties.
Thanks to all who helped with the scans.
The document is available here

http://www.ezstamp.com/ezstamp/QT/B...arieties.pdf

Will be updating this document in time as I find out more information about Type 1a

Enjoy

Marios

Valued Member
United States
300 Posts
Posted 10/23/2015   01:12 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add billsey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Looks good to me! :)
Pillar Of The Community
United States
3763 Posts
Posted 10/23/2015   08:07 am  Show Profile Check Petert4522's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Marios, that is an excellent piece of work. Very informative and interesting.
May I make one small observation? The asterisk on the 5 cent type III should be on the 15 cent type I? The double asterisk is in the correct spot!

Peter
Valued Member
Canada
167 Posts
Posted 10/23/2015   08:48 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add softpro to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Peter,

not sure I understand. Are you referring to the * at the end of the document where I state that the most valuable is the 15c Type III (as this is correct from the research I have done)
Or are you referring to the *1a reference . If so , are you saying the 1a variety belongs to the 15c & not the 5c.
Will have to check this
let me know & I will revise as need be
thanks
Marios
Valued Member
Canada
167 Posts
Posted 01/28/2016   08:49 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add softpro to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Everyone,

just an update to this thread. After months of searching, I have found a copy of the Type Ia 5c issue which shows the '5' nearer to the top value tablet.
Described & illustrated in the updated document I posted previously

http://www.ezstamp.com/ezstamp/QT/B...arieties.pdf

Hope this helps someone out there

Marios

Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
173 Posts
Posted 12/01/2016   5:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Aurora to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Am I right that these are Belgium Scott 124, 125?

Valued Member
Learn More...
Canada
259 Posts
Posted 12/01/2016   7:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Renden to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Good work Marios - appreciate it !
Valued Member
United States
157 Posts
Posted 12/02/2016   12:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ekbustad to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Just came across this thread. The Belgian "Officiele Belgische Postzegelcatalogus" shows five types for this issue. My copy of this is the 1995 edition. Type 5 is a variant of Type 1 for the 5c value only.

The description says: Zoals type 1, maar het horizontaal streepje van het cijfer 5 staat dichter bij de omlijsting en eindigt op gelijke afstand als de ronding van het cijfer 5. De letters c hebben aan hun bovenste uiteinde een klein vertikaal streepje.

Google translates this to: Such as type 1, but the horizontal line of the number "5" is closer to the frame and ends at the same distance as the roundness of the figure "5". The letters "c" have a small vertical line at their upper ends.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
3763 Posts
Posted 12/02/2016   1:17 pm  Show Profile Check Petert4522's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Aurora, if you are looking for an answer to your question please open a new thread. This thread is for a different plate number alltogether.

Peter
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics
  Oi! Inherited a US/foreign stamp collection. Are the stamps real? Value? Appreciate input! Thankee!
  Vintage Streetscapes
  A question for dealers about protocol at stamp shows
  Journey to Bethlehem 1988 - misprint??
  Looking for confirmation on Carolina 9A
  Is this a Thai stamp??
  China - French indochina with overprint
  Need help with cyrillic stamps
  Excell precancel file
  1976 two dollar bills
  New, Rare, Unknown US Stamp!
  Mystic Historic Stamps Album
  Great Britain Booklet Help Apperciated
  Need help with Chinese/oriental stamps identification
  Austrian stamps with variaties?
  Railroad letter 1866.
  Mail from Hungary- Four weeks and waiting
  78-79 Japanese Collector Book - Looking for more info
  Scott #4001 and #4002 Common Buckeye Butterfly 2006
  Nicaragua Palace and Cathedral Issue
  Unitrade 715 tagging memory test ?
  Need Help with US 9 Cent Stamp
  Hungary Charity Overprint from WWI
  I discovered I was blocked from bidding
  R24c your thoughts please

Excell precancel file
  Scott 4959 vintage rose fake stamps
  Oi! Inherited a US/foreign stamp collection. Are the stamps real? Value? Appreciate input! Thankee!
  Looking for confirmation on Carolina 9A
  New, Rare, Unknown US Stamp!
  Free Magnifier from KoalaStamps with every member review
  A question for dealers about protocol at stamp shows
  Arches, Columns & Gates on Stamps
  Vintage Streetscapes
  Need Help Identifying Japanese Postmark On Zeppelin Postcard
  Journey to Bethlehem 1988 - misprint??
  Scott 11 Nova Scotia - possible variety..?
  British Album Pages, are there Any Good Downloads?
  China - French indochina with overprint
  Christmas Around the World 2016
  Nicaragua Palace and Cathedral Issue
  Scott #4001 and #4002 Common Buckeye Butterfly 2006
  I discovered I was blocked from bidding
  Belgium King Albert I 1915-1920 15c color Vareity..؟؟؟
  Need help with cyrillic stamps
  How to remove Meth Head "Sling" as advertisement on SCF?
  The Stamps of Turkey : On Steiner Pages.
  Is this a Thai stamp??
  BRIDGES,BRIDGES,BRIDGES! on stamps
  danish classics, show them to me.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2014 Stamp Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 0.61 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05