Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Stamp Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Any interest in world Postal Stationery?  

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 41
Pillar Of The Community
United States
996 Posts
Posted 05/05/2014   10:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PoStat4evR to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Formular airletter sheet from the Reserve Bank of Rhodesia to a member of the RCAF in CAnada. August 14, 1965. (Name blanked for privacy)

Next item a Romania Postal card sent from Bucuresti to Philadelphia
in 1904. Mailed March 12th. Received in Philadelphia March 24. 12 days transit time.

and finally for DC3 here is a maxi card for Sydney (Australia) 2000 Olympics... Front first, rear second

DC3: I will do a few more for you tomorrow night.

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
1515 Posts
Posted 05/06/2014   12:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I've been doing jury duties in Catalonia since some twenty years. When faced with stationery, I have the following criteria):

1.- If judging Postal History exhibits, I accept anything that can be proved that has actually gone through "the mail", either by public (Post Offices) or private, from which we have a number, here.

2.- When assessing "country" or "classical" collections, I only accept those items originating from an "official" source, regardless of from which legality it comes, if it has a grasp of the territory or part of it.

But, that's just my view, for sure, there are many worthy others.
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
3522 Posts
Posted 05/06/2014   03:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tonymacg to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A very late item of postal stationery for the Convention States, and the only one (AFAIK) made on independent Indian postal stationery, rather than British Indian, from Gwalior:

And this Indore (or Holkar) State postcard nicely demonstrates the fiendish complexity of territories in the old Central India:

The card was used from the Sundarsi enclave, which consisted of half-a-dozen villages, administered by three different Princely States, Gwalior, Indore and Dhar. This card was issued by, and addressed to, Indore, but was cancelled at the British Indian Post Office in the Dhar State-controlled sliver of Sundarsi.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
4349 Posts
Posted 05/06/2014   12:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bujutsu to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting Cursus. That is close to my train of thought as well.

While I do not disagree or agree totally with the FIP, there are some items I would have thought would be stationery, but, now are deemed not to be. Too long and involved to get in to that but life goes on

Nice material showing here.

Chimo

Bujutsu
Valued Member
Romania
302 Posts
Posted 05/06/2014   12:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add March to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
FIP : GREV Art. 3.3 para 3 - LETTER CARDS

Romania- 1904, Letter Card, Coat -of-Arms and King Carol I , 15 Bani violet on cream

Higgins & Gage, Postal Stationery Of The World Catalogue , Section 15, page 14, no. 11

Cancellation : GALATI 4 APR 914 CURSA III

This type of Letter Card was valid within the cities limits only !

Closed

Opened

Inside correspondence
Edited by March - 05/06/2014 1:59 pm
Valued Member
United States
53 Posts
Posted 05/06/2014   12:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stamp Mole to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Tony,

I always enjoy seeing your Indian States material!

Quote:
A very late item of postal stationery for the Convention States, and the only one (AFAIK) made on independent Indian postal stationery, rather than British Indian, from Gwalior:

Just curious: Did you mean that this is the only one from Gwalior, or that this is the only one from any of the Convention States (and it just so happens to be from Gwalior)?

Kevin
Pillar Of The Community
United States
996 Posts
Posted 05/06/2014   8:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PoStat4evR to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Great posts gentlemen! Keep them coming. I am working on my CAnada items tonight, getting them inventoried. Inventories are a chore these days.
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
3522 Posts
Posted 05/07/2014   12:15 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tonymacg to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Kevin, AFAIK, this is the only Convention State overprint on an independent Indian item of postal stationery, which happens to be from Gwalior. None of the other Convention States needed to use independent Indian stationery: supplies of the overprints on George VI envelopes and cards must have been sufficient.

This is the George VI envelope the Gwalior was replacing:

Gwalior postal stationery is immensely complex. Ed Deschl, in his Comprehensive India States Postal Stationery Listing devotes 22 pages to it, and I gather from the experts that that is really only a relatively simplified list ...

Of course, Gwalior was the only Convention State to run out of the 'official' overprints on stamps, made at the Nasik Security Printers, and have to do its own local overprints:

Pillar Of The Community
United States
765 Posts
Posted 05/07/2014   12:33 am  Show Profile Check guykickinit's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add guykickinit to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I definitely like the older paper over the modern stuff. Just seems to have more character.

Member COPC.
Redmond, OR 97756 Mailer's Postmark Permit #1
Valued Member
Romania
302 Posts
Posted 05/07/2014   06:45 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add March to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Germany Post Card

Issued by Nazi regime on 29.01.1934 to commemorate one year since Hitler was elected Chancellor of the Reich.

On left side The Brandenburg Gate and Nazi Army parade on the day of Chancellor's election. On the printed stamp : Reich President Hindenburg and Chancellor Hitler
Valued Member
Romania
302 Posts
Posted 05/07/2014   09:54 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add March to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Romania - The Scout World Day - 22 February

Baden Powel on the printed stamp

On left side , Romanian Scouts visiting Baden Powel Museum in Gilwell Park, London, UK.
Valued Member
Romania
302 Posts
Posted 05/07/2014   10:14 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add March to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Romania - UPU Post Cards

1894 UPU Post Card with borders .

Higgins & Gage - Postal Stationery of The World Catalogue, Section 15, page 2, nr. 29

Stamp DECE BANI Red in many shades .
Card same color both sides in shades of buff to cream.

The post card sent from Viziru village ( Romania )to Gorz ( Gorizia today )via Vienna.

Postmark of departure post offices : double-cerc VIZIRU 15 JUN 898 with postal horn ( this office was opened in 1892 ) , double-cerc IANCA 16 JUN 898 GARA with star (office opened in 01.10.1873) and arrival octagonal postmark of GORZ post office with date : GORZ 16 JUN 98 ( the post office clerk did a mistake by fixing the postmark year on "89" instead of "98" .

Abt Gorz ,today Gorizia more here :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gorizia

Viziru and Ianca Gara ( Railway Station ) were/are located in Braila County ( Romania)
http://www.comune.ro/?/judet/ijud8/
Edited by March - 05/07/2014 10:16 am
Valued Member
Romania
302 Posts
Posted 05/07/2014   4:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add March to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Romania - Picture Post Card ( Postal Stationery )

Backside of the card

FIP : GREV Art. 3

3.3 The physical form of the paper or card on which the stamps etc. have been printed can be sub-divided as follows:
3) Post Cards

Edited by March - 05/08/2014 04:25 am
Pillar Of The Community
United States
996 Posts
Posted 05/07/2014   7:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PoStat4evR to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A couple more items.
First: Aland Island Aerogramme 1999

Second item from Allenstein (region in Prussia, now Poland) Issued 1920 (German rule) Uprating stamp attached. Regular view of PC then close up view of stamps...

Valued Member
Romania
302 Posts
Posted 05/08/2014   04:50 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add March to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice overprint : COMISSION D'ADMINISTRATION ET PLEBISCITE OLSZTYN-ALLENSTEIN / TRAITE DE VERSAILLES ART. 94-95 on German Post Card's stamp and stamp to mark the Plebiscite which decided on affiliation to Poland of this City. ( today Olsztyn )

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/...t_Allenstein
Edited by March - 05/08/2014 04:52 am
Page: of 41  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics
  New Zealand SG931 - a question, please.
  Canada 1693 $5 Moose
  Stamp Pricing Books and Websites
  2 large books and 2 small ones
  1 Franklin Rotary Press ?? What is the perforation ??
  Noobie coming through!
  Reference for USPS Souvenir Pages
  Never noticed W.F. & Co. Cancel Until 10 minutes Ago
  A question about early Spain stamps
  Scott 463vii - end or start of plastic flow..?
  Netherlands 1867 type 1 and 2.
  Great Britain-1867 sc#57 plate 2 wmk maltese cross "ink error"?
  Feeling like it's all for the birds
  Help Needed -> George Washington Proprietary R13 & R18 Stamps
  Help with 1878 tax on seals
  Total Newbie here so bear with me...
  USPCS Midwest Bank Note Study Group COMPEX gathering
  King George VI Inverted Watermarks
  What Happened with Schaubek??
  Chinese stamps-help to evaluate
  Need Help With US Scott #101
  extended extra portion of stamp? GB Scott #61 plate 19.help needed?
  Help please....don't believe this is a Sc#24 but...
  Presentation help with this stamp error printing method.
  Roosevelt proofs presentation album images?

Stamp Pricing Books and Websites
  New Zealand SG931 - a question, please.
  Noobie coming through!
  Canada 1693 $5 Moose
  Making my own album
  Netherlands 1867 type 1 and 2.
  2 large books and 2 small ones
  There is a fungus among us.
  Marine Mammals on Stamps... Dolphins, Whales, Seals, etc
  1 Franklin Rotary Press ?? What is the perforation ??
  A question about early Spain stamps
  A few Album Binder Reviews -
  Total Newbie here so bear with me...
  German Reich 1923, no. 325A Pb, 1 Mrd ). Blackish brown ??
  British Stamp Exhibitions Catalogue
  Feeling like it's all for the birds
  What Happened with Schaubek??
  Submarines on Stamps
  How can I tell if a stamp on cover has a watermark?
  Reference for USPS Souvenir Pages
  Help with 1878 tax on seals
  Never noticed W.F. & Co. Cancel Until 10 minutes Ago
  Cover Calendar for month and day -PICS
  Album Review: United States Albums
  Help Needed -> George Washington Proprietary R13 & R18 Stamps

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2014 Stamp Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 0.64 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05