Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Stamp Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Any interest in world Postal Stationery?  

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 40
Pillar Of The Community
United States
961 Posts
Posted 05/04/2014   8:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PoStat4evR to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
DC3: I do not have a lot of these Maxi-Cards in my collection, as most are relatively new in the world. Off the top of my head I may have a few from Australia, but unless one or two slipped by me, I would have to look. If you want the Australian items I can scan them tomorrow and post for you. Other than that it may take a LONG time to find any of them. Let me know. My main collection is pre 1900 for the older countries or the first few years of the more recent (after 1900) countries.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
183 Posts
Posted 05/05/2014   08:34 am  Show Profile Check DC3's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add DC3 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, let's see your Australian old maxicards, if you don't have to spend too much time for them. Thank you! :)
Pillar Of The Community
1456 Posts
Posted 05/05/2014   09:34 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Card of the Barcelona Olympic Stadium. postmarked on July 25th. 1992. First day of the Games of the XXV Olympiad, held on this stadium. Also, the FDI of this stamp.

Valued Member
Romania
302 Posts
Posted 05/05/2014   10:12 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add March to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The FIP's definition of Postal Stationery and other matters related to P.S. can be found here :
http://www.fiaf-filatelia.com/stati...2012-01.html

http://www.f-i-p.ch/regulation/pdf/...ary_Srev.pdf
Edited by March - 05/05/2014 10:16 am
Valued Member
Romania
302 Posts
Posted 05/05/2014   10:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add March to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

1) RO's Postal Stationery ( Code 088/99) , China '99 World Philatelic Exhibition, Beijing, 21-30.08.1999
The illustration : The decorated Archway in Front of the Main Entrance of Yonghegong

2) RO's Post Card ( Code 094/2004) , 1949-2004, Romania-China, 55 Years of Diplomatic Relationships. The historical visit of H.E. Hu Jintao, President of People's Republic of China, June 2004.

No. 2 is a Post Card ! The picture background is the famous Terracotta Army
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terracotta_Army
Valued Member
Romania
302 Posts
Posted 05/05/2014   10:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add March to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It might be the smallest postal stationery in the world !?!
http://www.stampcommunity.org/topic...n,the,world,
Pillar Of The Community
1456 Posts
Posted 05/05/2014   11:30 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I apologise for having posted incorrectly the stadium maximum card on this thread. I'm afraid I'm doing too many things at the same time...
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
4346 Posts
Posted 05/05/2014   12:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bujutsu to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for your input March.

While I agree with the vast majority of the F.I.P.s rulings, I have to state that there are some areas I am not sure about. Of course, this is not directed to you personally because you simply 'presented the facts'.

While the FIP admitted, a collector has the right to assemble their collections in any manner he / she fits, the invisible wording is, 'go ahead, but, if you plan to exhibit and be judged by an FIP judge, don't expect the highest awards possible'. I could be wrong on this statement in the last sentence. Lower level shows / exhibits may not be affected by this (?)

The FIP is a well known and respected organization, and I respect and understand that there has to be guidelines. In my personal view, I believe the current ruling from the Jakarta 2012 meeting still leaves several 'grey' zones, for a lack of better words.

It would be interesting to see the different feedbacks on this topic.

Chimo

Bujutsu
Pillar Of The Community
1456 Posts
Posted 05/05/2014   12:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
March 1999, Futbol Club Barcelona Centennary, philatelic exhibition mascot.

Valued Member
Romania
302 Posts
Posted 05/05/2014   1:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add March to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
While the FIP admitted, a collector has the right to assemble their collections in any manner he / she fits, the invisible wording is, 'go ahead, but, if you plan to exhibit and be judged by an FIP judge, don't expect the highest awards possible'. I could be wrong on this statement in the last sentence. Lower level shows / exhibits may not be affected by this (?)

Hi Bujutsu

All National Federation are members of FIP. ( including Canada and USA) . Here you have the full list with members :
http://www.f-i-p.ch/

So any Exhibition from the lowest to the highest level organized nationally and internationally by National Federation and/or FIP obviously must comply with FIP Rules ( Statutes, GREV and SERV , see all the explanation / details here :
http://www.f-i-p.ch/

Of course , there are some collectors who does not care abt FIP Rules but they never can attend ( successfully) an exhibition organized by the National Federation from their countries , nationally or internationally ( under FIP patronage )

@PoStat4evR
Your thread here is about " Postal Stationery " :)

Pillar Of The Community
United States
961 Posts
Posted 05/05/2014   1:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PoStat4evR to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
My 2 cents: In regards to the FIP ruling. Whereas if one exhibits postal stationery, I would respect that there has to be rules. However, if one just collects "postal stationery", I would leave it to the collectors rules he/she sets up. Personally, I do not go out of my way to get items that are "not officially" printed by the post offices. However if I find a item that falls under my criteria; "if it looks like a piece of postal stationery, it can be listed under Officially issued by a postal agency AND it can listed as non-official printed stationery printed by private firm (who is operating under the authority of the postal service in their particular area).

The Maxi card, falls under the second part of my definition. People collect meters (business imprints), which are not stamps. If they enjoy doing so, they should be left to do it.

If I exhibit items at a show, then I would be forced to abide by the rules set for such an event.

This discussion should also be noted that a lot of these maxi cards are listed in catalogs (Michel)
so if they have a number, should not they be counted? Case in point: Germany 1900's. There were a LOT of private mail carriers in Berlin and surrounding areas that printed their own "Postal stationery" and the items are listed as such in catalogs. Should they be excluded as they were not "Official printed" postal stationery? Maybe they were, and I am incorrect (wouldn't be the first time).

I would think that for this thread, if it has a imprinted something on it that resembles postal stationery and it went through the mails as such, what's the harm?

Comments ?
Valued Member
Romania
302 Posts
Posted 05/05/2014   4:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add March to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
To clarify the issue of the definition of postal, we must refer to Article 3 of the Special Regulations for the Evaluation of Postal Stationery Exhibits at F.I.P. Exhibitions, which reads as follows:

Article 3: Principles of Exhibit Composition
A Postal Stationery exhibit should be arranged using appropriately chosen unused and/or postally used items of postal stationery from a particular country or associated group of territories to illustrate one or more of the categories set out below:

3.1 Postal Stationery can be classified according to either:

1) The manner of its availability and usage
2) The physical form of the paper or card; or
3) The postal or associated service for which it is intended.

3.2 The manner and availability and usage may be defined as follows:

1) Post Office Issues;
2) Official Service Issues;
3) Forces (Military) Issues;
4) Stamped to Order (Private) Issues.
Stamped Stationery bearing stamps applied with postal administration approval and within specified regulations but to the order of private individuals or organisations.

3.3 The physical form of the paper or card on which the stamps etc. have been printed can be sub-divided as follows:

1) Letter sheets including Aerograms
2) Envelopes including registration envelopes
3) Post Cards
4) Letter Cards
5) Wrappers (Newspaper Bands)
6) Printed Forms of various kinds.

3.4 Postal Stationery has been produced for a variety of postal and associated services including the following:

1) Postal: Surface-local, inland, foreign; Air-local, inland, foreign.
2) Registration: inland, foreign.
3) Telegraph: inland, foreign
4) Receipt of Miscellaneous Fees etc.; Certificate of posting of letter parcels; Money orders; Postal orders, and other documents bearing impression of postage stamp designs etc.

3.5 Formula items sold bearing adhesive stamps, covering the relevant country, may be included.

3.6 Postal Stationery exhibits should normally be of entire items. Where certain items are very rare in entire form or are only known to exist in cut-down (cut-square) form they would be acceptable as part of an exhibit as would a study for example of variations in the stamp dies used or those with rare cancellation etc. The use of postal stationery stamps as adhesives could also properly be included.

3.7 Essays and proofs whether of adopted or rejected designs can also be included. * The plan or concept of the exhibit shall be clearly laid out in an introductory statement which may take any form, (ref. GREV Article 3.3).
Edited by March - 05/05/2014 4:52 pm
Valued Member
Romania
302 Posts
Posted 05/05/2014   4:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add March to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The Wrappers (Newspaper bands ) FIP : GREV Art. 3.3 para 5

Romania - 1896 - Wrappers , New value with the numeral "1" in the hexagon to left of centre, 1 Bani brown on cream
This one circulated on 4th December 1897

Edited by March - 05/05/2014 4:53 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
4346 Posts
Posted 05/05/2014   4:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bujutsu to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting comments here and they are all appreciated.

I know that military items (various types) are accepted by the FIP.

I was wondering just out of curiosity how this WW I Canadian postal card would stand by their rules?

Chimo

Bujutsu

Valued Member
Romania
302 Posts
Posted 05/05/2014   5:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add March to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Post Cards FIP : GREV Art. 3.3 para 3

First Romanian POST CARDS - July 1873

"CARTA DE POSTA" - 5 BANI ,dark blue, on yellow-brownish paper( carton). Dimensions : 139 x 87 mm , embossed printed stamp : 19 x 22 mm

This Post Card was sent from " Bucuresti" on 12 November 1873 to Craiova where it arrived on 30 November but returned (Retur) to Sender with remark " Receiver unknown ...."

Page: of 40  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics
  What is this "BAR" mark beside this 554 stamp.
  1st post going through gifted stamps
  Different shade of color Scott# 1526
  Interesting US on Mexico Cancel
  I went off and I did it (Scott International)
  information about this error iran stamp ?
  This looks like a strip of 3 26A, but need expert opinion
  When Buying, How Important Are Catalog(ue) Numbers To You In Listings?
  DWI scott 11 normal? arabesque
  Some new revenue document acquisitions
  Italy - stampless letters
  Germany WWII POW covers
  Why web developers lose their hair...Reward to anyone who solves this
  Fluorescent Paper, How to Tell?
  Sunlike kill cancell.
  German postal stationery items ID help needed
  African colonial forerunners
  Greetings from German East Africa
  Fables de la Fontaine
  France Colony, please help!
  Scotts catalog. Have a few questions.
  Flyspecking Scott 650
  edwardv111 stamps moroccan agencies
  Mystery Numeral Stamp
  Amazing Strip of 9 Type IV Scott #9 Franklin on cover

Overwhelmed by Germany! Articles on Saar & Danzig
  Any interest in world Postal Stationery?
  Flyspecking Scott 650
  France Colony, please help!
  What is this "BAR" mark beside this 554 stamp.
  Amazing Strip of 9 Type IV Scott #9 Franklin on cover
  Different shade of color Scott# 1526
  Breaking Up U.S. Plate Blocks to Get a Nice Single
  Fluorescent Paper, How to Tell?
  British Album Pages, are there Any Good Downloads?
  Modern Industrial Art and Design
  New Canadian "Kiosk" Stamps
  information about this error iran stamp ?
  1st post going through gifted stamps
  When Buying, How Important Are Catalog(ue) Numbers To You In Listings?
  I went off and I did it (Scott International)
  National Stamp Exhibition NYC Feb 10, 1934 Cover Letter
  GB fancy cancel on 137?
  Where did you get the most stamps from last year?
  North Carolina Cleaning Tax
  Interesting US on Mexico Cancel
  Latin Species Names For Plants & Animals
  Not receiving subscription emails
  FIREWORKS on stamps, postmarks, postcards, etc.
  Any classic Sweden stamps atestators around?

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2014 Stamp Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 0.61 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05