Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Stamp Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Any interest in world Postal Stationery?  

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 41
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1004 Posts
Posted 01/01/2017   11:27 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PoStat4evR to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here are some Macau items to start the year off with:

Here is Macau # 1 issued 1885 in used condition....

Here is Macau # 6, issued 1894....

Macau # 12 issued 1898...

and finally, Macau # 15, issued 1898

Hope these were entertaining....

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
426 Posts
Posted 01/04/2017   8:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GregAlex to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Very, very nice! I especially like the last two pieces commemorating the centenary of Portugese India. I have a card from Portugal featuring this same event. I wonder if there are similar ones from other Portugese colonies.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1004 Posts
Posted 01/11/2017   8:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PoStat4evR to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I came across this nice postal card from the West German side. Issued in 1980 as a special printed card (I think) celebrating the Zeppelin. Front and back shown. (My German private print catalog stops at 1980 or I would have a number for you).

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1004 Posts
Posted 01/16/2017   1:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PoStat4evR to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is an item from Lebanon (under French control at the time). Issued in 1931. H&G # 2

Enjoy
Valued Member
Canada
49 Posts
Posted 01/21/2017   11:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add agondocz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
From Southern Rhodesia:

The date is indistinct, but the aerogramme is dated 27.6.51.

The aerogramme is addressed to a well-known postal stationery dealer, Richard L. Singley.

Best wishes,
AndrewG
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1004 Posts
Posted 01/23/2017   8:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PoStat4evR to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
agondocz: Nice cover!
Valued Member
Canada
49 Posts
Posted 01/25/2017   8:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add agondocz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,

Two aerogrammes from Dubai:

The two Boy Scout aerogrammes were reprints from 1965, I believe. The colors differ from the Boy Scout aerogrammes issued in 1964.

Alas, I have not found any postally used ones from the 1964 set, yet.

Best wishes,
AndrewG
Valued Member
Netherlands
154 Posts
Posted 01/26/2017   06:39 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Johan Buvelot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
2 nice airmail pieces from Switzerland.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1004 Posts
Posted 01/28/2017   9:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PoStat4evR to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I was going through some old stock material and came across this nice little item. A GB private print compound usage envelope (used as registered mail) issued 1902. Postmark on this item August 1, 1903. H&G #K-B-377G

Front:

Here is a close up of compound printing:

Here is the rear side:

Nice addition to the collection. Keep looking you never know what you will find....
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United Kingdom
711 Posts
Posted 01/31/2017   09:00 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Tim H to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here's a German East Africa 4 heller postal stationery card with an interesting route home to Stuttgart. It was posted in Shirati on 23 February 1908, which at the time was in the far NW of GEA on the eastern shores of Lake Victoria, and a long way away from Dar es Salaam and the German East Africa Line mail boats. Rather than take the difficult overland route to the railhead at Moshi, the card was routed northwards by boat to Kisumu in the British East Africa Uganda Protectorate, only 100 km away and also on the shores of Lake Victoria, where it received a transit stamp dated 25 February 1908. The Kisumu stamp is labelled E A P, for use in East Africa Uganda Protectorate. The card then travelled to Mombasa by rail, arriving on 27 February 1908. The Mombasa transit stamp is labelled B E A (British East Africa) which was the administrative name for the eastern half of the Protectorate. The card was finally received in Stuttgart on 17 March 1908.

Edited by Tim H - 01/31/2017 09:01 am
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1004 Posts
Posted 02/11/2017   11:15 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PoStat4evR to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A little upgraded material. Here are two scans of the newest piece of United States postal stationery. A Priority Mail pre-stamped envelope. Cost of $6.65 each. Issued January 2017.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1004 Posts
Posted 03/12/2017   1:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PoStat4evR to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It has been awhile since my last post. Today will be ALL Gibraltar items. Enjoy....
First items are postal cards #2 (circa 1886), #25 (circa 1904), #26 circa 1904), and #32 (circa 1938). Reference numbers all H&G. Note:
#2 was overprinted Gibraltar on a St. Vincent item.

Next, a Registered Envelope # EU-20 (circa 1981) (Michel number)

Next, 3 different Wrappers: #E-1 (circa 1886), #E-2 (circa 1887) and #E-6 (circa 1889). Note: # E-1 was overprinted Gibraltar on a Malta wrapper.

And, finally, 2 different Aerogrammes: LF-11 (circa 1978) and LF-12 (circa 1978).

That is it for this post: Hope some of you enjoy these.
Valued Member
United States
426 Posts
Posted 03/15/2017   7:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GregAlex to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I always do! If only there was a "Like" button.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1004 Posts
Posted 03/24/2017   11:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PoStat4evR to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I am going to post a few items on this link this weekend. Does anyone have anything they might want to see that I could post? If not, I will post as I find it...
Valued Member
United States
426 Posts
Posted 03/25/2017   12:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GregAlex to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'll be going to Thailand in May. How about some from there?
Page: of 41  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics
  Can collecting be a great investment as well as a great interest?
  Sorting through a shoebox of mixed world stamps
  1906-08 MLH guide line pair scott #314 schermack perforation.help me value my line pair?
  Auxiliary Handstamp: CALLED OUT
  Unknown stamp red no value
  Don't be deceived by this odd item
  1934 Stamp Club Menu overprint
  Selling $3 Columbian on Delcampe....
  Steiner pages for Canada
  Australian Penny Red (2)
  Getting Acquainted with Collecting
  New one and two cent acquisitions
  Founded collectable British one pennys
  Large and not so large margins in some stamps
  Canada Post new 150 anniversary series admail
  Austria Lombardy Venetia 2 Soldi Imperf???
  Old Swiss & Austrian & Hungarian Stamps
  RUSSIAN EMPIRE: 4k rose with curious background
  is it variety color left stamp I mean
  Help needed to identify Russian postmark
  Singapore SG85? equal Scott 57b?
  Gunshot wound freak? I cannot tell.
  Canada: New Star Trek Stamps
  After 15 years I lost the enjoyment
  NFR17 perf 12 - Anyone recognize this part-perfin?

Getting Acquainted with Collecting
  Auxiliary Handstamp: CALLED OUT
  BRIDGES,BRIDGES,BRIDGES! on stamps
  Can collecting be a great investment as well as a great interest?
  Belgium 1946 Provisional Surcharges
  1934 Stamp Club Menu overprint
  Reverse print on reverse!
  After 15 years I lost the enjoyment
  Sorting through a shoebox of mixed world stamps
  Show Us Your Completed Album Pages!
  1906-08 MLH guide line pair scott #314 schermack perforation.help me value my line pair?
  New one and two cent acquisitions
  Don't be deceived by this odd item
  Nice Cancel, slogan or Postmark?
  Unmarked Missent cover
  Australian Penny Red (2)
  Gallatin Tennessee Postmaster Provisional Question
  Unknown stamp red no value
  belgium---postal forgery ?
  More philatelic butchery
  Gunshot wound freak? I cannot tell.
  Purchased this cover today at thrift store!
  Four to Eight Weeks for Mail from Canada- Huh??
  Steiner pages for Canada
  Have another beer stamp!

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2014 Stamp Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 0.89 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05