Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Stamp Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Any interest in world Postal Stationery?  

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 40
Pillar Of The Community
United States
975 Posts
Posted 03/04/2014   10:13 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add PoStat4evR to your friends list  Get a Link to this Message
This forum is generally a stamp biased discussion group. Every now and then someone posts a query and photo of a piece of postal stationery.

I was wondering if there would be enough interest on the "forum" to generate a "Postal Stationery" thread?

I could start it off, but am at work currently, and it would have to be done when I get home later today.

All Postal Stationery, world and US would be welcome.

Let me know if there is any interest on this, or am I all alone out here!
Send note to Staff

Valued Member
United States
183 Posts
Posted 03/04/2014   11:39 am  Show Profile Check DC3's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add DC3 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi!

Can you decipher this vintage writing (on the back side), in a mysterious (to me) language? Yiddish? "Carta postala" sent by from Jassy [Ia#351;i], Romania on 14 Dec 1902, to "Louie Haimovici, Forsyth Street 143, New York, America", and arrived on 30 Dec 1902 in New York.

Front side of postal card:
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
183 Posts
Posted 03/04/2014   11:41 am  Show Profile Check DC3's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add DC3 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Can you decipher this vintage writing (on the back side), in a mysterious (to me) language? Yiddish? "Carta postala" sent by from Jassy [Ia#351;i], Romania on 14 Dec 1902, to "Louie Haimovici, Forsyth Street 143, New York, America", and arrived on 30 Dec 1902 in New York.

Back side of postal card:
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5774 Posts
Posted 03/04/2014   12:01 pm  Show Profile Check smauggie's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add smauggie to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You are not alone in your interest in world postal stationary, but I don't know that I post enough about it to make a new topic.

APS Member #: 222539 AAPE, Maplewood Stamp Club (MN), Northern Philatelic Society, US Philatelic Classics Society, Auxiliary Markings Club, Canal Zone Study Group, Minnesota Postal History Society
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
4348 Posts
Posted 03/04/2014   12:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bujutsu to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have a small number of different foreign postal stationery. Some of them are quite interesting to say the least.

Here is a postal card from the German Third Reich era for starters.

Chimo

Bujutsu

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
4348 Posts
Posted 03/04/2014   12:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bujutsu to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
How would you like a bloody nose? This was the title of a small article I am working on for postal stationery of Canada. They are interesting Queen Victoria Canadian postal envelope varieties.

These are inking varieties caused in the impressions due to over-inking.

Chimo

Bujutsu

Pillar Of The Community
1491 Posts
Posted 03/04/2014   1:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm interested on postal stationery and I think that a thread devoted t this subject can be very interesting.

1870 British PC circulated fron Cheltenham to London in August 1874.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
975 Posts
Posted 03/04/2014   1:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PoStat4evR to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Glad to see that there are some of us that enjoy stationery items.
DC3: I have no idea, searched the internet but there are a lot of numbers (I think) in this card. Hopefully someone will be able to ID this language.

smauggie: No problem, post whatcha got. You never know it may be something "rare"!

Bujitsu: Cool 3rd Reich item. Germany and the UK have some really old items to offer. I will post a few 3rd Reich items when I get home (if I can find them). Saw one of those bleeding eye items yesterday. Interesting. I can imagine that there is a sub collectable here!

Cursus: UK, one of my interests as well!

Problem is when I get home there are a lot of "honey-do's" so will hopefully get a few things posted tonight.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
975 Posts
Posted 03/04/2014   8:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PoStat4evR to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
As promised, here are a few scans of some postal stationery items in my collection. More as time permits. If you have any requests (country) let me know will see what I can find.....

First: Yemen items..

Next: German Pneumatic post....

A FIUME postal card...

German Mariana Islands..

Kuwait aerogram..(Revamped British aerogramme usage)

and finally for this post...
a nice Great Britain Registered Cover postmarked from British F.P.O. Christmas Island (PAcific Ocean).

I truely enjoy postal stationery, makes a fun WW collection.
Edited by PoStat4evR - 03/04/2014 8:57 pm
Valued Member
Canada
68 Posts
Posted 03/04/2014   9:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add KD` to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Based on the last few of the Queen Victoria envelopes that Bujutsu posted, I'd say she's a "blue blood".

More seriously, though, I think this is a more specialized area. It would be nice if Scott's listed some of these items - I've come across a handful of them over the years, and have no real way to know whether they're valuable or wallpaper.
Edited by KD` - 03/04/2014 9:36 pm
Valued Member
Netherlands
168 Posts
Posted 03/05/2014   01:43 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add KlausR to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,

I don't actively collect them, but when one comes along that fits into one of my collections I keep it.

Postcard from Mexico to Switzerland (1900), and announcement of change of address from the Netherlands to Germany (2002).

Klaus

Pillar Of The Community
1491 Posts
Posted 03/05/2014   05:22 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yverdon (Switzerland) to Barcelona (Catalonia), 1928.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
975 Posts
Posted 03/05/2014   10:15 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PoStat4evR to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
In regards to the Queen Victoria items: I don't think Scott would publish overinking errors. There would be a LOT of varieties on this. I suppose one could divide the imagine into 100 quadrants and ID the errors that way, for example "5,10,15" meaning the printing error occurred over these three areas on the embossing.
Would be interesting to see a list if one ever got completed. I came across some of those the other day, if I remember I will scan them for you to see.
Pillar Of The Community
Croatia (Local Name: Hrvatska)
954 Posts
Posted 03/05/2014   10:47 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add filipo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
DC3 - I will ask my friend, who is a prominent linguistic expert. I am sure that he will know to detect the language, but, I am not sure that will be able to decipher it at all. But, who knows :)
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
4348 Posts
Posted 03/05/2014   11:13 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bujutsu to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here are a few items of postal stationery from Argentina. Will post more as time permits.

Chimo

Bujutsu

Pillar Of The Community
United States
975 Posts
Posted 03/05/2014   12:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PoStat4evR to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice Argentina wrappers Bujutsu.
Page: of 40 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics
  Putting auction lots on extension?
  Cambodia Stamps : On Album Pages.
  Experience with Ott Light?
  Anyone specialize in WW airmail?
  Omega Speedmaster - Apollo-Soyuz
  Used stamps of 1033a silkote paper
  Inherited stamp collection
  Postage due cards to USA - rates ??
  Swift River, Yukon cancel missing date
  for US addresses only posted overseas, & what is the odd number LHS?
  Old Wells Fargo Local Stamp. Reprint or real?
  Can anyone help me identify this?
  Before and after Peroxide. No not my hair!
  Bids not meeting reserve price on eBay
  Pink? Vermillon? 1894 1c Postage Due "Paper Color" is completely through the entire stamp?
  precancel postage dues
  Is this Bermuda 28 with wmk.3?
  Forwarding agent or Business
  Scott #445 (A140) Coil Stamp Perf 10 Horizontally Washington 3c Violet? Is it Type I or Type III ?
  Providence Rhode Island 5 Cent Stamp With Red Strands. Authentic?
  2 Cent Red Washington Without corner triangles?
  Rules to Classify Topical Subjects
  New stamp error in Germany (christmas stamp)
  Guatemala stamp ?? Thanks for your help !
  ASDA Mid-West Postage Stamp Show

1918 Poland German Overprint Poczta Polska Help
  Putting auction lots on extension?
  Inherited stamp collection
  Shipping overseas question
  Pink? Vermillon? 1894 1c Postage Due "Paper Color" is completely through the entire stamp?
  Forwarding agent or Business
  Collecting by Engraver
  Experience with Ott Light?
  My Dam Stamps
  Postage due cards to USA - rates ??
  for US addresses only posted overseas, & what is the odd number LHS?
  Cambodia Stamps : On Album Pages.
  Old Wells Fargo Local Stamp. Reprint or real?
  BRIDGES,BRIDGES,BRIDGES! on stamps
  The Stamps of Mongolia : On Album Pages.
  Anyone specialize in WW airmail?
  Latvian items of interest
  Scouting stamps from around the world
  Bids not meeting reserve price on eBay
  Famous Architects
  Arches, Columns & Gates on Stamps
  Layout of De La Rue Sheets of 240 on early British Colonies
  New Edition of Michel Zeppelin Catalog Coming Soon
  What Did You Do Philatelically: Today or Recently?
  K.B. Spezial Zeppelin Post Catalog

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2014 Stamp Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 0.69 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05