Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Stamp Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Let's see your most recently purchased stamps  

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 139
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2547 Posts
Posted 08/23/2013   9:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Russ to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Scott 220c Roanoke, VA Oct 19, 1893

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
1505 Posts
Posted 08/26/2013   6:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add I Brake For Stamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Now I know why this stamp was priced as low as it was. It was re-gummed. Pretty bad job too. This was not in the listing. The "thought" of being screwed that bugs me the most. I should return it but it is such a hassle, it is a hard stamp to get a good deal on, and I only collect for eye value anyhow.

This is the 5 cent McKinley issue from the Louisiana Purchase Exposition, otherwise known as the St. Louis World's Fair. Living in St. Louis, I feel obligated to courageously complete this set unused. Fortunately, I already have US Scott #327, so that one's out of the way.

The fair was held in what is known here as Forest Park. The old bird cage at the Zoo, and the Art Museum are among the creations that still remain 109 years later. My Grandfather worked on the "Austrian Pavilion" as a carpenter who specialized in ornate hand carving. This building unfortunately was torn down.

US Scott #326:

-IBFS

All science is either Physics or Stamp Collecting. -- Ernest Rutherford
Valued Member
United States
393 Posts
Posted 08/27/2013   10:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DJCMHOH to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A few of the French Colonial goodies I picked up over the weekend

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
6065 Posts
Posted 08/27/2013   11:19 pm  Show Profile Check jamesw's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jamesw to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here are a couple of recent purchases. I'm trying to throw together an exhibit of Canadian War Tax stamps for my club bourse in October, but I don't think I'll be ready in time. Next year.

MR2Ci, unfortunately creased.

A se-tenant pair of 1940 War Savings stamps from a booklet pane. FWS8 and FWS12 (the whole booklet pane would be FWS15)
Rest in Peace
United States
7097 Posts
Posted 08/28/2013   05:17 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add I_Love_Stamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow great looking stuff!
Pillar Of The Community
1505 Posts
Posted 09/03/2013   6:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add I Brake For Stamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
All the talk about this stamp all over the forum gave me an itch, and I just had to have one. For those who don't know, this is Scott #220c, the "cap on twos" variety of #220. Cap can appear on the left, right, or both twos. Awful looking stamp, but I just wanted one that showed the two's clearly.

-IBFS

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1458 Posts
Posted 09/03/2013   7:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mike33 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice one!

Both of those eluded me for a very long time until I just got plain tired of searching "unchecked" lots, that I just went on bidstart and bought the both of them from the same seller.

Then, just last week, a collection I bought had a MNH cap over left 2. Figures
Pillar Of The Community
United States
765 Posts
Posted 09/03/2013   8:12 pm  Show Profile Check guykickinit's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add guykickinit to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I just had to have these at $18.50 shipped and mounted to White Ace three hole pages. I simply could not refuse. The mounts alone were worth a couple bucks.

Member COPC.
Redmond, OR 97756 Mailer's Postmark Permit #1
Edited by guykickinit - 09/03/2013 8:12 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1458 Posts
Posted 09/04/2013   05:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mike33 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That's a nice score. Always loved those sheets
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
2538 Posts
Posted 09/04/2013   06:04 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add timbres667 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
If I ever buy those sheets. I will keep them for a loooong time.
Rest in Peace
United States
1225 Posts
Posted 09/04/2013   07:24 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add artlaunier to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
If anyone has the 220 with a cap on JUST the right, get a cert for you will have found a treasure. I believe there are only a couple that have been certified.

Art

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. (The exact & entire wording of the 2nd Amendment to the U.S. Constitution)
Pillar Of The Community
United States
765 Posts
Posted 09/04/2013   08:31 am  Show Profile Check guykickinit's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add guykickinit to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Im gonna have to look. I have tons of the two cent. not as many as the one cent but still. I'll have to see if my capped one is on only one side.

Member COPC.
Redmond, OR 97756 Mailer's Postmark Permit #1
Edited by guykickinit - 09/04/2013 08:32 am
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
2538 Posts
Posted 09/04/2013   09:30 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add timbres667 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
DJ
Keep on posting these French Colonies stamps!
Edited by timbres667 - 09/04/2013 09:33 am
Pillar Of The Community
1505 Posts
Posted 09/04/2013   12:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add I Brake For Stamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
If anyone has the 220 with a cap on JUST the right, get a cert for you will have found a treasure. I believe there are only a couple that have been certified.

It's not my Cert., but it belongs to someone...

-IBFS

Pillar Of The Community
1505 Posts
Posted 09/07/2013   6:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add I Brake For Stamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
US Scott #537 Issued to commemorate the end of World War I, 4 months after the end of the war. The one it replaced was used with no marks, no gum, and it looked kind of dull. Now I feel better.

-IBFS

Page: of 139 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics
  New member from Sunset, Utah - Need help with Officially Sealed Stamps
  I can not identify what Stamp is #832
  Nauru - Emergency Overprint Issue of 1978
  Newbie query: Speed of issue of Nobel prize stamps by small countries, collecting opinions?
  German Empire "Deutsches Reich" 20pf stamp imperforated
  Hodge Podge of stamps I need help identifying (Part 2)
  Hey, nice printed cance... wait, what?
  Victorian Penny stamps inherited - opinion on value
  eBay "Pretty Blue" typo, Slightly over priced!
  Canada Post Details Magazine
  Recent Spanish Acquisitions
  Pages for Canada Precancels
  Can collecting be a great investment as well as a great interest?
  Sorting through a shoebox of mixed world stamps
  1906-08 MLH guide line pair scott #314 schermack perforation.help me value my line pair?
  Auxiliary Handstamp: CALLED OUT
  Unknown stamp red no value
  Don't be deceived by this odd item
  1934 Stamp Club Menu overprint
  Selling $3 Columbian on Delcampe....
  Steiner pages for Canada
  Australian Penny Red (2)
  Getting Acquainted with Collecting
  New one and two cent acquisitions
  Founded collectable British one pennys

Bees - Honey Bee Stamps, Beekeeping, Apiculture
  Victorian Penny stamps inherited - opinion on value
  New member from Sunset, Utah - Need help with Officially Sealed Stamps
  Auxiliary Handstamp: CALLED OUT
  German Empire "Deutsches Reich" 20pf stamp imperforated
  I can not identify what Stamp is #832
  1c 1851 Plate 3 Stamps
  Nauru - Emergency Overprint Issue of 1978
  eBay "Pretty Blue" typo, Slightly over priced!
  Founded collectable British one pennys
  Hey, nice printed cance... wait, what?
  Lets See Your SOUVENIR SHEETS!
  Collecting by Engraver
  Let's Dance
  Canada: New Star Trek Stamps
  Australian Perfins and Perfin Varieties
  Pages for Canada Precancels
  Belgium 1946 Provisional Surcharges
  Can collecting be a great investment as well as a great interest?
  Newbie query: Speed of issue of Nobel prize stamps by small countries, collecting opinions?
  What Did You Do Philatelically: Today or Recently?
  Recommendation re: good UV lights?
  Hodge Podge of stamps I need help identifying
  Inherited...USA...mint blocks & sheets...catalog them?
  More philatelic butchery

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2014 Stamp Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 0.93 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05