Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Stamp Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Let's see your most recently purchased stamps  

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 139
Valued Member
United States
116 Posts
Posted 12/19/2016   02:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ananthveerappan to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
India 1926-36 King George V (Multi Star Watermark)

Scott 106 thru 125

Just got the last piece of the puzzle snapped in

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by ananthveerappan - 12/19/2016 02:08 am
Pillar Of The Community
Norway
974 Posts
Posted 12/19/2016   04:38 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Blaamand to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
ananthveerappan - nice set
Valued Member
Netherlands
158 Posts
Posted 12/19/2016   09:38 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Johan Buvelot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Recieved these packetkarten/bulletin d'expedition cards in the mail today.

First a nice one with a mix of stamps including Bayern stamps with the Deutsches Reich overprint. The holes in the 3 and 10 mark stamps are done so that the stamps would not be used again. So they are not damaged, I have seen people rip them up and throw them away! For photo of other side see last picture.

Second an item that is not in perfect condition, but I do like the block of 4 stamps on the backside. It is the Michel 49 B type color(checked with Michel Color Catalogue)

Edited by Johan Buvelot - 12/19/2016 09:43 am
Valued Member
India
176 Posts
Posted 12/28/2016   01:21 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add scinde_dawk to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice set ananthveerappan, I've been long due to touch my British India Collection. Nevertheless, I've finished KGVI in all respects.

Those cards and postmarks are wonderful, Johan.
Pillar Of The Community
Norway
974 Posts
Posted 12/28/2016   7:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Blaamand to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I won this set on eBay today. As often before, my main motivation for the purchase was not so much the stamps alone - but the postmarks. Some nice 'Mute losenges' - one losenge with 'MQE' (Martinique) - but the pearl is absolutely the 'NSB'

I don't have the Maury catalog available for reference quite yet (catalogs still on order), but I would presume these stamps used on Nossi Be (as forerunners) are not all that common. Regardless of scarcity, I have been eager to get a 'NSB' for quite some time. A suitable purchase to end 2016. Wishing you all a Stampy New Year!

Valued Member
United States
177 Posts
Posted 12/28/2016   8:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stampman2002 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here's my latest additions to the collection.

This is a publicity photo for R733.

This is a Roosevelt die proof for Scott 297.

This a card proof for Scott 263. It's one of harder ones to find.

These last two are absolutely new to the philatelic field and came from the estate of Leonard Fellman, the designer of the stamp. They are not listed anywhere. The first is a large original pencil on paper sketch for the design which was not adopted. The second is a black and white photo essay which shows most of the design as adopted but the quote is complete instead of truncated as finally adopted.

There are four more items in that particular file. There is a large rendering of the last image, one in color and a negative. Finally, there is a composite of all five designs which features an enlarged version of the adopted design for this stamp. This was likely a presentation piece given to Mr. Fellman by the BEP.

Enjoy!
Pillar Of The Community
United States
505 Posts
Posted 01/02/2017   6:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add spain_1850 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Been taking a stamp "break" and now I seem to be getting back into it. Here is a messy, and unorganized, collection of Iceland I just got in the mail. Love the Scandinavian/Nordic countries, but I had very few from Iceland. This will give me a good start. Already started the pulling , sorting, id'ing process.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
2082 Posts
Posted 01/02/2017   8:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampcrow to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Good start to 2017.

Valued Member
India
176 Posts
Posted 01/11/2017   04:07 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add scinde_dawk to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Some of my recent additions to French Morocco in Steiner pages edited with colour and catalog information.

The printed text is not clear due to image compression.

Edited by scinde_dawk - 01/11/2017 04:09 am
Pillar Of The Community
Norway
974 Posts
Posted 01/11/2017   04:15 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Blaamand to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Quite neat Scinde !
Valued Member
United States
248 Posts
Posted 01/11/2017   12:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add abohart to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hoping to add to my Canada precancel collection, which is still largely in the beginning stages.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1463 Posts
Posted 01/14/2017   7:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mike33 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Been a long time since I've bought anything new. Just been working on stuff I already had.

Picked these up the other night at our first stamp club auction from a club donation.

These are the US classics from what I've taken out of the 2 albums I bought so far:

SCF Advertiser
Australia
115 Posts
Posted 01/15/2017   12:21 am  Show Profile Check koalastamps's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add koalastamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Very pleased with this purchase. India 1885 SG35 mint. Gum is very clean and overall appearance is fine. Not too shabby for a 131 year old stamp from India.

Only philatelists dare visit http://koalastamps.com | over 4,000 singles and sets now selling.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1397 Posts
Posted 01/15/2017   12:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add littleriverphil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That's a pretty good looking pick so far, Mike33!. Like the really late cds on the 1c war. Admiral Farragut looks pretty good.
Valued Member
United States
116 Posts
Posted 01/24/2017   01:07 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ananthveerappan to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
How about this one...

Page: of 139 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics
  US $2 Inverted Jenny Stamp Sheet to Remain on Sell
  Full double transfer on R14.
  Latest on the Demise of Turbo Lister
  help identify greece stamp with overprints?
  British East Africa Questions
  Availability of "The Complete Deegam Machin Handbook"
  Help needed with 10c Banknote id
  "The Stamp Collecting Mania" in the NY Times
  Spain Civil war issue
  Uruguay cover to Germany 1937. Airmail route???
  Older Scott Specialty Slip Cases???
  Eid stamp issue (May 24/17)
  Scott 106xx-7-P6 Precancel
  Seeking advice/comments on collection organization and storage
  3rd Reich / Nazi stamps
  US Scott 443 Washington 1c line single?
  The Stamps of Tokelau.
  Moscow to New York: two letter-size envelopes w/ Scott Russia #C75 1 PVB
  Can someone check the Part II of the new Minkus Pages for Togo Please
  Is my Washington 2 Cent stamp an error or just an oddity
  Need help please on this 1870 2 cent jackson scott 135 Red???
  Private Auctions on eBay
  Woohoo! Went 3 for 3 at the Philatelic Foundation!
  Help re Postal Service eGuide to US Stamps

Can someone check the Part II of the new Minkus Pages for Togo Please
  Regency Stamp Auctions in St. Louis
  Seeking advice/comments on collection organization and storage
  Latest on the Demise of Turbo Lister
  The Stamps of Australia : On Steiner Pages.
  US $2 Inverted Jenny Stamp Sheet to Remain on Sell
  The Stamps of Portugal.
  Availability of "The Complete Deegam Machin Handbook"
  Everything's Coming Up BUTTERFLIES!
  Full double transfer on R14.
  German Perfin Catalog
  Stamps On Television
  GOLD is everywhere, everything is GOLDEN
  US Scott 443 Washington 1c line single?
  Harding 2c #613 - perf 11
  Older Scott Specialty Slip Cases???
  "The Stamp Collecting Mania" in the NY Times
  Woohoo! Went 3 for 3 at the Philatelic Foundation!
  Help needed with 10c Banknote id
  What are some RED CROSS stamps that you have??
  Lets see JEWELRY on stamps!
  Help re Postal Service eGuide to US Stamps
  Spain Civil war issue

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2014 Stamp Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 0.87 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05