Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Stamp Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Let's see your most recently purchased stamps  

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 137
Pillar Of The Community
1503 Posts
Posted 08/13/2013   6:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add I Brake For Stamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Message
I'm currently just finishing up the Perf 11 1917 - 1919 Washington - Franklins from the one cent to the 1 dollar. With this stamp, I have only one left to get and that is the 12 cent, which is on it's way. All are "unused". Then the set will be complete except for US #500 which...well...

-IBFS
Send note to Staff

All science is either Physics or Stamp Collecting. -- Ernest Rutherford
Edited by I Brake For Stamps - 08/17/2013 6:02 pm

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1082 Posts
Posted 08/13/2013   7:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cynical to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
IBFS: I know I shouldn't be on here with my old 1976 catalogue (it has a black biblical look to it) but is that stamp US Scott#508?
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
11 Posts
Posted 08/13/2013   8:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Blue-M to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I can't remember the lst time I bought just "one stamp". All of my recent purchases from the last decade involve 100's to 1000's of stamps. I suppose if I ever get to the point of spending more than 99 cents for a single stamp I could post my last stamp that I purchased. I do look forward to seeing what others are buying.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1941 Posts
Posted 08/13/2013   8:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add chasa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This came in today from BidStart.
I collect the 13cent green Scott 513's.

San Benito was on my wantlist, Oneida is a 'trader.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
765 Posts
Posted 08/13/2013   9:13 pm  Show Profile Check guykickinit's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add guykickinit to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have been getting great deals on Bidstart. these all came in from on seller. All MNH, these will replace the used versions.

Member COPC.
Redmond, OR 97756 Mailer's Postmark Permit #1
Edited by guykickinit - 08/13/2013 9:14 pm
Pillar Of The Community
1503 Posts
Posted 08/14/2013   05:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add I Brake For Stamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
is that stamp US Scott#508?

...Ooops...Yes, that is 508. And don't feel bad, I still have a 1972 Scott catalog with the same Biblical look.

-IBFS

Rest in Peace
United States
7097 Posts
Posted 08/14/2013   08:15 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add I_Love_Stamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is the last stamp I have purchased. It's on cover though. if you want need another or better scan let me know. I now have this in h and (also the Hegarty's X Roads cover)

Valued Member
381 Posts
Posted 08/14/2013   2:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ThomasGalloway to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
My most recent:

When I got it from the seller, I noticed that part of the indicium had a piece of paper from another envelope mashed on top of it (inside red oval).

Nice EFO made nicer.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4625 Posts
Posted 08/14/2013   3:37 pm  Show Profile Check stallzer's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add stallzer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is just one Vario sheet from a collection I purchased this summer. These are just some of the US Stamps in the collection.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
765 Posts
Posted 08/14/2013   6:51 pm  Show Profile Check guykickinit's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add guykickinit to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow Stallzer, nice lot

Member COPC.
Redmond, OR 97756 Mailer's Postmark Permit #1
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1453 Posts
Posted 08/14/2013   8:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mike33 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
These are my 2 favorites from a nice collection I recently picked up:

Rest in Peace
United States
7097 Posts
Posted 08/15/2013   06:11 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add I_Love_Stamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow nice looking stuff! Congrats!
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
867 Posts
Posted 08/15/2013   09:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampfan9 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The 1932 George Washington bicentennial commemorative set.

Valued Member
United States
74 Posts
Posted 08/17/2013   3:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Darkoath to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This is the first single stamp that I have purchased and paid more than $20 for. I was happy to get this one for $24. I am so excited. I just love this stamp... it is so beautiful! I think I am falling in love with engraved stamps!

This is also my first time posting a photograph in a post so please be kind. This is the photograph that was used in the auction and is a photo of the actual stamp I purchased.

David
Pillar Of The Community
1503 Posts
Posted 08/17/2013   6:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add I Brake For Stamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I changed the word "stamp" to "stamps" in the title so no-one would get the impression I was looking for everybody to see just single stamps. What's been scanned so for has bee great!

Speaking of loving engraved stamps......US #512 came today. This now incompletely completes this set all "unused". US #500 and #505 aren't there and probably never will be. There isn't even a space for #505......on my album page.

So I unveil, with great pomp, Scott #512 US...

-IBFS

Valued Member
United States
488 Posts
Posted 08/17/2013   7:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add spain_1850 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Got these early Swiss stamps in the mail yesterday. Only reason I bid was because they were mis-listed in the Spain category and no mention of Switzerland or catalog numbers either, so there was no competition. Got them fairly cheap, at least to me they were cheap. Probably keep the best for my worldwide collection and sell the rest....categorized correctly though.
Page: of 137 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics
  Expect fewer stamps on your mail
  About Stamp memories
  United Nations 1948-1973
  Scott catalog 2018 edition to be 12 volumes
  Queen Victoria Penny Red Identification
  gernany - 1922 -1923 3000 Mk - blackish brown ??
  Need one more of these.
  Help with a US Internal revenue, series of 1875 - private?
  Advice for selling an Inherited collection on Ebay
  Print your own pages (like Steiner) but in SG format?
  1870 GB #58 where is the plate number?
  Set of 1932 Sydney Harbour Bridge stamps
  Spain - 75th Anniversary - Revenue?
  Request to Post Avatar
  Rare unique combination of cracked plates
  October 1862 Revenue Canx - Let's see them!
  Latvia New Year Postcards--Humorous? Quirky?
  Double and Triple Transfers
  Need advice on how to start a collection the 'right way'
  Want Lists Online? Etc...
  Cape of Good Hope : Revenues.
  Buying USA Discount Postage Stamps
  Need help identifying these stamps
  200 Reís Brazilian stamp. Any info on this?
  Medallion One Cent Blue?

Expect fewer stamps on your mail
  Auction Purchase Destroyed in Mail, Is Anyone Liable?
  APS Survey Report Posted
  Polar Philately
  SC#367 Lincoln thread on back
  Cover Calendar for month and day -PICS
  How can I tell if a stamp on cover has a watermark?
  Print your own pages (like Steiner) but in SG format?
  About Stamp memories
  Double and Triple Transfers
  advice on selling collection of 2300 Austria
  Stamps on owls
  Advice for selling an Inherited collection on Ebay
  What Did You Do Philatelically: Today or Recently?
  Scott catalog 2018 edition to be 12 volumes
  1870 GB #58 where is the plate number?
  Australian Stamp error?
  Stamp Smarter March Contest
  BRIDGES,BRIDGES,BRIDGES! on stamps
  The Stamps of Australia : On Steiner Pages.
  Spain - 75th Anniversary - Revenue?
  Set of 1932 Sydney Harbour Bridge stamps
  APS selling membership lists?
  Let's see your most recently purchased stamps
  PMGS Stamp Album Page Generator for Scribus v1.2

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2014 Stamp Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.36 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05