Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Stamp Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Maximaphily (Maximum Cards)  

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5
Valued Member
United States
183 Posts
Posted 03/08/2015   01:52 am  Show Profile Check DC3's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add DC3 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, nl1947!
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
New Zealand
870 Posts
Posted 09/29/2015   03:32 am  Show Profile Check Bas S Warwick's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Bas S Warwick to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Some interesting maxi cards sites here

http://taiwan-mc.blogspot.com/

http://beira-postcards.blogspot.com/

For those interested in Maxi-cards The Rainbow stamp club blog has a maxi-cards section (and also great information on new worldwide stamp issues that could be of interest for Maxi cards).So much interesting material - postcards and stamps - You can spend hours on this site.

http://rainbowstampclub.blogspot.co...m-cards.html
http://rainbowstampclub.blogspot.co...x-cards.html
http://rainbowstampclub.blogspot.co...x-cards.html

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1423 Posts
Posted 09/29/2015   10:27 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add sdtom to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
good information which is always why I check this site on a daily basis.
Pillar Of The Community
New Zealand
870 Posts
Posted 09/29/2015   5:17 pm  Show Profile Check Bas S Warwick's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Bas S Warwick to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I really prefer the design of maxi cards where there is a panel or plain area for the stamp. The stamp and cancel does not then spoil the image.

e.g. The image in the one shown on the link below is spoilt IMO

http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums...dier2015.jpg
Edited by Bas S Warwick - 09/29/2015 5:18 pm
Pillar Of The Community
New Zealand
870 Posts
Posted 09/29/2015   5:21 pm  Show Profile Check Bas S Warwick's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Bas S Warwick to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Around 270 maxicards here on photobucket by civron

http://s1233.photobucket.com/user/c...ort=3&page=1
Valued Member
United States
183 Posts
Posted 09/29/2015   9:40 pm  Show Profile Check DC3's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add DC3 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, "Bas", my friend! :)

Maxicard from your country, New Zealand:

Edited by DC3 - 09/29/2015 9:43 pm
Pillar Of The Community
New Zealand
870 Posts
Posted 09/30/2015   12:27 am  Show Profile Check Bas S Warwick's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Bas S Warwick to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks DC3

Snap!

Amazingly some time ago I produced my own card using the same NZ 30c stamp. Technically its not yet a maxicard, as I need to get it franked. Where I'm not sure yet.

The postcard was purchased through Delcampe France. My thought was the the images were very similar.

'La passion du cheval' - 'The passion of the horse'.
Postcard produced by R Trouyet in Vence France.

Pillar Of The Community
New Zealand
870 Posts
Posted 09/30/2015   12:41 am  Show Profile Check Bas S Warwick's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Bas S Warwick to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi DC3

As far as I am aware the NZ Health Stamps 1984 Year of the Horse set was not produced as a maxicard - so you may have a fairly unique piece. I see it was postmarked Pakuranga on the correct day - 1/8/84. (There was a FDC with the complete set).

I may have some maxi-card spares. Let me know if you want to do a 1 for 1 swap anytime.

BSW

Valued Member
United States
183 Posts
Posted 09/30/2015   9:55 pm  Show Profile Check DC3's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add DC3 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, Bas, in the future we should swap some maxicards. :) I have seen some of your your MCs a few years ago, as you uploaded them.

http://s289.photobucket.com/user/do...ard/library/
Maxicard with personalized stamp from Chatham Islands/New Zealand.

Edited by DC3 - 09/30/2015 9:57 pm
Pillar Of The Community
New Zealand
870 Posts
Posted 09/30/2015   11:22 pm  Show Profile Check Bas S Warwick's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Bas S Warwick to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A little background info.

The Black Robin self adhesive CAL (No 214) was released on the Chatham Island 22/12/09, and FDCs were postmarked 22 DEC on the island , but not until 23 DEC on the mainland. (Your MC was stamped in Christchurch on the mainland).

Another Robin CAL _ South Island NZ

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e...m3raue_1.jpg

Edited by Bas S Warwick - 09/30/2015 11:25 pm
Valued Member
United States
183 Posts
Posted 10/01/2015   05:52 am  Show Profile Check DC3's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add DC3 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You use the term FDC in the larger sense, to include maximum cards, right? But then you would expect a First Day cancel, right?

Usually, by "cover", most of the other philatelists besides me understand "envelope"/"letter".
Also, a maxicard does NOT need necessarily a First Day cancel/postmark; we all agree on that, right?
===
A non-traditional maxicard, made with an educational card.

Pillar Of The Community
New Zealand
870 Posts
Posted 10/01/2015   9:01 pm  Show Profile Check Bas S Warwick's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Bas S Warwick to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi DC
Yes agree with all that. Its a widespread misconception that maximum cards are at their best when they have a 1st day of issue postmark.

The interesting thing for me about your black robin maxi is that it could be a very limited card. (Normally only 1000 CALs are produced - that was original the minimum quantity).

Because I haven't seen a FDC of with the black robin, I'm unsure if these have a special postmark for the first day of issue in the Chatham Isles. It would seem the ones posted in NZ possibly had a standard PM.

I'm on the hunt for details on the black robin FDC and maxicard, so will report back with any new info

NZ Post produced a Black Robin stamp value in 1985 $2 and you can find 1000's of those as FDCs, but not maxicards.

Pillar Of The Community
New Zealand
870 Posts
Posted 10/02/2015   03:36 am  Show Profile Check Bas S Warwick's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Bas S Warwick to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
For me the position of the stamp is important.

Why would anyone stick a stamp over the main feature when there is a better space available. Here the stamp is stuck over the cable car image when there is plenty of clear space to the right.

Better positioning on this one from the same set

Pillar Of The Community
New Zealand
870 Posts
Posted 10/02/2015   04:09 am  Show Profile Check Bas S Warwick's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Bas S Warwick to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A recent purchase, although having 2 stamps it is not classed a maxi-card. (Near enough for me ).

The card pictures a 4 man bob-sleigh which makes it a sadly interesting card IMO.

The FIBT World Championships 1966 took place in Cortina d'Ampezzo, Italy for the sixth time, having hosted the event previously in 1937 (Two-man), 1939 (Four-man), 1950, 1954, and 1960. The Four-man event was cancelled following the death of West Germany's Toni Pensperger during competition.

Pensperger would be awarded a posthumous gold medal from the FIBT along with his surviving team-mates Ludwig Siebert, Helmut Werzer, and Roland Ebert. As of 2010, Pensperger's death would set the FIBT to increase and improve safety among all bob-sleigh competitions at all levels, including the Winter Olympics and the World championships.

Interesting the one I purchased has a good date IMO - the start date 29/1/66. However this one I saw on eBay was postmarked one day before the event.

Pillar Of The Community
New Zealand
870 Posts
Posted 10/02/2015   05:06 am  Show Profile Check Bas S Warwick's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Bas S Warwick to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Another maxicard site

Malaysia

http://www.mccraze.blogspot.co.nz/
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics
  Is this common for #1338
  Is this 17 or 18 points,need your eyes and help.
  Is this a Scott #114??
  Sryia Airmail stamp help.
  HELP,need your eyes.Is this 17 or 18 point ?
  What does CD mean (in regards to stamp image description) ?
  sex sen japan international stamp!
  France Peace Allegory 1 franc 25 reduced to 50 centimes
  Book or PDF introduction into US classic stamps (heads)
  Russian-White Russia 1921 Charity Stamp? Anyone seen this one before?
  UNIPEX STAMP & COIN Show: 2017 Toronto
  French Timbre de Dimension and Quittances stamps
  Need help plating penny red imperf.
  Pan-Am Cover to Borneo????
  What is this "BAR" mark beside this 554 stamp.
  1st post going through gifted stamps
  Different shade of color Scott# 1526
  Interesting US on Mexico Cancel
  I went off and I did it (Scott International)
  information about this error iran stamp ?
  This looks like a strip of 3 26A, but need expert opinion
  When Buying, How Important Are Catalog(ue) Numbers To You In Listings?
  DWI scott 11 normal? arabesque
  Some new revenue document acquisitions
  Italy - stampless letters

Sryia Airmail stamp help.
  Is this common for #1338
  Is this 17 or 18 points,need your eyes and help.
  Pan-Am Cover to Borneo????
  Is this a Scott #114??
  HELP,need your eyes.Is this 17 or 18 point ?
  Ebay sales slump, interested to hear from other sellers how they are doing, sales up or down?
  Book or PDF introduction into US classic stamps (heads)
  Different shade of color Scott# 1526
  Digital Initiatives - a more realistic/pessimistic view
  The Stamps of Turkey : On Steiner Pages.
  is there a recipe for finding watermarks
  Most Memorable Acquisition
  French Timbre de Dimension and Quittances stamps
  Let's see your cinderellas!
  Doves as Symbols of Peace
  Scott 24 V or Va need help on this one??
  APS Expertizing Service errors?
  What does CD mean (in regards to stamp image description) ?
  France Peace Allegory 1 franc 25 reduced to 50 centimes
  Australia kangaroo questions and info.
  "One of these things is not like the other..."
  Some new revenue document acquisitions
  BRIDGES,BRIDGES,BRIDGES! on stamps
  Germany WWII POW covers

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2014 Stamp Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 0.72 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05