Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Stamp Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Barcelona & Catalonia Cinderellas  

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 45
Pillar Of The Community
1543 Posts
Posted 11/21/2011   08:01 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A very recent acquisition: Down Car races on the hills backing Barcelona in 1911. Quite simple, but nice.

Looking at the Barcelona's old newspapers, I've been able to find out, that the race actually was run on the evening (5 p.m.) of the Sunday April 30th 1911, and that six vehicles participated on that. On the week following the race, a movie of the event was shown on a Barcelona cinema.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by Cursus - 12/04/2011 11:18 am
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
6074 Posts
Posted 11/21/2011   08:15 am  Show Profile Check jamesw's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jamesw to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent! Bobsled meets soapbox derby. Love it. Barcelona certainly seems to be a gold mine of cinderellas and labels.
Very nice. Thanks for showing.
Pillar Of The Community
1543 Posts
Posted 11/26/2011   01:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Barcelona's Fair cinderellas of the 1950's and 1960's. As in most official issues of he age, the design is rather dull, but it seems to improve with the years, as the fascist grip looses and our society is able to open again to the world.

Pillar Of The Community
1543 Posts
Posted 11/26/2011   01:59 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
And, another one that I hope our British friends will like: the 1964 Barcelona's British Industry Fair.

Edited by Cursus - 11/26/2011 02:00 am
Rest in Peace
Canada
6750 Posts
Posted 11/26/2011   07:41 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Puzzler to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Another version of the Barcelona Exposition exists:

Pillar Of The Community
1543 Posts
Posted 11/26/2011   07:46 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you very much for your contribution. I've shown cinderellas like this (though not this one) on the Philathelic Cinderellas thread.
Pillar Of The Community
1543 Posts
Posted 12/04/2011   11:24 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
As all catholic cities Barcelona has a Saint Patron (in, fact, two)la Mare de Déu (Virgin) of la Mercč, whose day is celebrated on September, 24th. This has become Barcelona's Autumn fair.
On the fifties of last century, a number of cinderellas were issued for that celebration, written in Spanish as it was compulsory by then.

Pillar Of The Community
1543 Posts
Posted 12/08/2011   10:13 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Cinderellas devoted to the Catalan opera singer Francesc Viņas (Moiā, 1863 - Barcelona, 1933), who was specially good at R. Wagner Operas, Hence this sheetlet, showing them. The other ones, show his portrait and monument.

Pillar Of The Community
1543 Posts
Posted 12/08/2011   10:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
For nearly 50 years (from 1950 to 1996) the delegation in the Barcelona's Grācia neighbourhood of the Barcelona's Philathelic and Numismatic Association (Cercle Filatčlic I Numismātic de Barcelona), run a very successful yearly stamp show (hold around August 15th), for which a number of nice cinderellas were issued. In 1954 it was devoted to the airmail (something new in the fifties). You can see some aspects of this area

A detail

Pillar Of The Community
1543 Posts
Posted 12/12/2011   12:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
For tourists the Basilica de la Sagrada Familia is a Barcelona's "must see landmark"; but for "barcelonins" (as Barcelona's citizens proudly call ourselves)is an important part of our everyday landscape.
I take pride of my family being involved in the early building stages and of having shaked the current architect (Jordi Bonet) hand, as he's a good friend of an uncle of mine.
Four cinderellas. The first one is pre-1936, as it's written in Catalan (banned after 1939), the second one must be from the decade of 1940, the third one looks from the fifties and the last one fron the early sixties. I don't have data about, I'm just basing on the design; so, I can be mistaken.

Pillar Of The Community
1543 Posts
Posted 12/17/2011   02:10 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
1955 Gracia's cinderellas. The subject was "colonies", sound a little odd and the illustrations today should perhaps be considered "politically incorrect"; but back in the fifties that was normal.

Pillar Of The Community
1543 Posts
Posted 12/23/2011   06:00 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Some Mercč cinderellas from the decade of 1960:

Pillar Of The Community
1543 Posts
Posted 12/24/2011   04:17 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Two 1959 Xmas Esperanto cinderellas,

To wish our friends of the SCF a Merry Xmas and a Wonderful 2012
Pillar Of The Community
1543 Posts
Posted 12/29/2011   01:14 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
1927 Barcelona's Car Show, at the Montjuīc venue. Art Deco poster stamp with an Hermes god holding a car engine. Designed by Rafel Bilbao.

Edited by Cursus - 01/08/2012 03:22 am
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
18703 Posts
Posted 12/29/2011   03:59 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This must be the Worlwide definitive expose
of Barcelona Cinderellas.
We are fortunate to have you Cursus

A fascinating study.

Page: of 45 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics
  3rd Reich / Nazi stamps
  US Scott 443 Washington 1c line single?
  The Stamps of Tokelau.
  Moscow to New York: two letter-size envelopes w/ Scott Russia #C75 1 PVB
  Can someone check the Part II of the new Minkus Pages for Togo Please
  Is my Washington 2 Cent stamp an error or just an oddity
  Need help please on this 1870 2 cent jackson scott 135 Red???
  Private Auctions on eBay
  Woohoo! Went 3 for 3 at the Philatelic Foundation!
  Help re Postal Service eGuide to US Stamps
  Imperforate 4d Kangaroo?
  Cut Square Stamp identification
  Looks like eBay is broken now?
  Canada Odd Unlisted Precancels - possibly Errors
  Canada Empress of Ireland press sheet
  Help with IDing watermark on cut square
  A perfectly placed ink void
  Lovely Q3 parcel post on first flight cover
  Scott 89xx-2 precancel
  Trying to identify stamp Scott 441 versus 448
  Can't find in German Catalogue Type 61?
  R15c double transfer pages from COMPEX
  Estate Stamp Collection ???
  Is this a Stamp? Possibly Russian?
  Minor issue with an eBay lot description

Gems and Minerals
  Rochester, New York ??? What am I misunderstanding here?
  Can someone check the Part II of the new Minkus Pages for Togo Please
  Automatic Supplements
  Need help please on this 1870 2 cent jackson scott 135 Red???
  The Stamps of Tokelau.
  Russia: Geometric numerals and background Inverted.
  Is my Washington 2 Cent stamp an error or just an oddity
  PDF style Stamp Album Pages
  US Scott 443 Washington 1c line single?
  BRIDGES,BRIDGES,BRIDGES! on stamps
  Ways to organize precancel collections?
  FOOTWARE - Shoes, Sneakers, and Other Foot Coverings!
  3rd Reich / Nazi stamps
  american occupation of France 1944-please help me locate?
  Private Auctions on eBay
  Regency Stamp Auctions in St. Louis
  China Yunnan Province Scott #41; London 1931-37 Overprinted A37 4c
  MAILBOXES on stamps!
  The Stamps of Indonesia on Album Pages.
  Ebay auto billing..can I add money to the bill?
  Which stamp has a high value in this auction?
  Moscow to New York: two letter-size envelopes w/ Scott Russia #C75 1 PVB
  Woohoo! Went 3 for 3 at the Philatelic Foundation!
  Help with IDing watermark on cut square

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2014 Stamp Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 0.79 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05