Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Stamp Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Barcelona & Catalonia Cinderellas  

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 44
Pillar Of The Community
1491 Posts
Posted 10/02/2016   08:09 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Barcelona, September 1982, 62 Catalonia Cycling Tour. Cinderella by the Catalan music and Hollywood star Xavier Cugat (Girona, 1900 - Barcelona 1990). It's actually a selfportrait riding a bicycle with on of his famous chihuagua dogs on the back.

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
1491 Posts
Posted 10/14/2016   11:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
1933 Catalan musics, from the Catalonia Album.

Althought some of them are still remember by Catalan people, just Pau Casals is known by the world. He was the greatest celo player of the XXth century,he payed at the UNO in New York and at the White House for President J.F. Kennedy. He was also a great Catalan patriot, and we still (43 years after he passed away) remember him.
Pillar Of The Community
1491 Posts
Posted 10/15/2016   05:17 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
On October 15th 1940, 76 years today, the President of Catalonia Lluis Companys was murdered by Franco's fascist regime. Being found guilty of being a democratically ellected president. We, still remember him.

Pillar Of The Community
1491 Posts
Posted 11/04/2016   08:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

1914 Catalonia Esperanto events in Barcelona, Tarragona and Sant Feliu de Guíxols.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Israel
6114 Posts
Posted 11/04/2016   3:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Londonbus1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice sheet !
Pillar Of The Community
1491 Posts
Posted 11/05/2016   04:04 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
From Barcelona to "who knows where", to London, to Israel and back to Barcelona thanks to our friend Michael (Lononbus1)!Thank you Mike!
Pillar Of The Community
1491 Posts
Posted 12/24/2016   04:08 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Winter, also comes to Mediterrenean lands; and with it, the snow on the Pyrenees.
The Valley of Núria in NE Catalonia, has been an sky resort for nearly 100 years. Incidentally, it's one of the few areas of our country (Catalonia) that can't be reached by car. You should take a (very nice) mountain train, that we call "El cremallera" ("The zipper"). The follwing pictures were take shortly after this small train was built, in 1931.

With these winter images I wish our friends in SCF a Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year 2017. All the best for you and your families!
Edited by Cursus - 12/24/2016 04:10 am
Pillar Of The Community
1491 Posts
Posted 12/25/2016   06:44 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Reus, 1999. 125 years from the death of the artist Mariŕ Fortuny.

Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
38 Posts
Posted 12/25/2016   12:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add RK1468 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Cursus, thanks so much for posting these! While not my primary collecting interest, I come by every once in a while to see what you have posted.as of late. I find both the art work and historical context to be fascinating.
Pillar Of The Community
1491 Posts
Posted 12/26/2016   03:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you very much for your nice words, but lately is becoming harder to find new Catalan cinderellas to upload here. Anyway, I'm glad that you enjoy them!
Pillar Of The Community
1491 Posts
Posted 12/27/2016   06:03 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Reus, 2004, 100 years of the coronation of Our Lady of Misericordy.

Pillar Of The Community
1491 Posts
Posted 01/05/2017   07:58 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
1931/1936 Catalan Federation of Free Teaching.

Pillar Of The Community
1491 Posts
Posted 01/07/2017   07:03 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
1937. Women at the home front. Part of a 6 cinderellas set, issued to honour the role of women on the 1936/39 war home front.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Israel
6114 Posts
Posted 01/07/2017   1:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Londonbus1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Those are most unusual designs.
Pillar Of The Community
1491 Posts
Posted 01/08/2017   1:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
As most artists sided with Democracy on its fight against the fascist uprising, there's a wide scope of styles on cinderella design. These of "women on the home front", were issued by a Catalan Gov. (centre-left) agency.
Comunist and anarchist organisations tend to follow "The Revolutionary Realism"; like these, isued by the anarchist CNT/FAI union. Written in Spanish, as most of its members were Spanish immigrants in Catalonia.

This variety of styles on Republican cinderellas, compared to the dull and monotone fascist ones, makes me to like them.

Anyway, I'm biased to the women and children cinderellas, as my two grandmothers (one of whom I've never known), my parents and all my family were in Catalonia, suffering the fascist criminal attacks. My two grandfathers were fighting on the war...
Page: of 44 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics
  Putting auction lots on extension?
  Cambodia Stamps : On Album Pages.
  Experience with Ott Light?
  Anyone specialize in WW airmail?
  Omega Speedmaster - Apollo-Soyuz
  Used stamps of 1033a silkote paper
  Inherited stamp collection
  Postage due cards to USA - rates ??
  Swift River, Yukon cancel missing date
  for US addresses only posted overseas, & what is the odd number LHS?
  Old Wells Fargo Local Stamp. Reprint or real?
  Can anyone help me identify this?
  Before and after Peroxide. No not my hair!
  Bids not meeting reserve price on eBay
  Pink? Vermillon? 1894 1c Postage Due "Paper Color" is completely through the entire stamp?
  precancel postage dues
  Is this Bermuda 28 with wmk.3?
  Forwarding agent or Business
  Scott #445 (A140) Coil Stamp Perf 10 Horizontally Washington 3c Violet? Is it Type I or Type III ?
  Providence Rhode Island 5 Cent Stamp With Red Strands. Authentic?
  2 Cent Red Washington Without corner triangles?
  Rules to Classify Topical Subjects
  New stamp error in Germany (christmas stamp)
  Guatemala stamp ?? Thanks for your help !
  ASDA Mid-West Postage Stamp Show

1918 Poland German Overprint Poczta Polska Help
  Putting auction lots on extension?
  Inherited stamp collection
  Shipping overseas question
  Pink? Vermillon? 1894 1c Postage Due "Paper Color" is completely through the entire stamp?
  Forwarding agent or Business
  Collecting by Engraver
  Experience with Ott Light?
  My Dam Stamps
  Postage due cards to USA - rates ??
  for US addresses only posted overseas, & what is the odd number LHS?
  Cambodia Stamps : On Album Pages.
  Old Wells Fargo Local Stamp. Reprint or real?
  BRIDGES,BRIDGES,BRIDGES! on stamps
  The Stamps of Mongolia : On Album Pages.
  Anyone specialize in WW airmail?
  Latvian items of interest
  Scouting stamps from around the world
  Bids not meeting reserve price on eBay
  Famous Architects
  Arches, Columns & Gates on Stamps
  Layout of De La Rue Sheets of 240 on early British Colonies
  New Edition of Michel Zeppelin Catalog Coming Soon
  What Did You Do Philatelically: Today or Recently?
  K.B. Spezial Zeppelin Post Catalog

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2014 Stamp Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 0.59 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05