Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Stamp Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Let's see your cinderellas!  

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 25
Valued Member
United Kingdom
219 Posts
Posted 02/11/2013   03:08 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 65170 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
These Russian dummy stamps are included in my recent online PDF publication all about the dummy stamps of the press manufacturer WIFAG.

I invite you to go to http://www.stampprinters.info/WIFAG.pdf for details of the tiger item (see in particular pages 8 and 24).

Incidentally, the printing date of 30 May 1960 on your sheet is previously unrecorded by me.

GLENN MORGAN
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by 65170 - 02/11/2013 03:10 am
Pillar Of The Community
New Zealand
870 Posts
Posted 02/11/2013   04:50 am  Show Profile Check Bas S Warwick's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Bas S Warwick to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Glenn
Many thanks for the information.

Currently I have been unable to get your PDF to load?

BTW. I was only guessing that the date may be coded as 30V 60. It may be some other information.
Pillar Of The Community
New Zealand
870 Posts
Posted 02/11/2013   04:57 am  Show Profile Check Bas S Warwick's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Bas S Warwick to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Picked this up today

Cinderella Mini-Sheet produced for China-New Zealand Stamp Expo 1997 by Southern Colour Print Dunedin NZ
Sheet is fully gummed. Not sure if any of these were removed from the m/s for individual use.

Valued Member
United Kingdom
219 Posts
Posted 02/11/2013   11:19 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 65170 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Bas,

I have re-tested (nothing gets uploaded without first testing) the link to my PDF , including clicking directly on the URL included in this thread. It works instantly for me on two different computers. Do persevere as it is worth seeing what I record.

The 30 V 60 string of letters and numbers was always the standard WIFAG method of denoting the printing date.

GLENN MORGAN
Valued Member
United Kingdom
219 Posts
Posted 02/11/2013   11:31 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 65170 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Bas,

Have never seen before the SCP Stamp Expo sheet that you illustrate. I have a couple of others, though.

GLENN MORGAN
Pillar Of The Community
United States
620 Posts
Posted 02/11/2013   4:51 pm  Show Profile Check pjsstamps's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add pjsstamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
My avatar is a cinderella. It is for the St. Paul Winter Carnival in 1941.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
4025 Posts
Posted 02/11/2013   5:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add lithograving to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
recent online PDF publication all about the dummy stamps of the press manufacturer WIFAG.

Wow this is real good stuff Glenn. I liked it so much that I just re read all 30 pages.
I wish there was more available online about what goes into
the actual designing, engraving and printing of stamps.

Many thanks.
Pillar Of The Community
New Zealand
870 Posts
Posted 02/11/2013   8:22 pm  Show Profile Check Bas S Warwick's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Bas S Warwick to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Glenn

Thanks for the SCP cinderellas. I haven't come across those before. Do you have spares at all?

BTW. I still have a problem with the PDF. However, I managed to get some info off the site directly here, although the images are small.

http://www.stampprinters.info/SPI_I...R.htm#RUSSIA
Pillar Of The Community
New Zealand
870 Posts
Posted 02/11/2013   8:58 pm  Show Profile Check Bas S Warwick's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Bas S Warwick to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Glenn.

Success - I downloaded the PDF file to my desktop, and all good now.

Amazing information, and the wealth of additional info on your site is incredible. Your efforts are greatly appreciated.

Pillar Of The Community
New Zealand
870 Posts
Posted 02/11/2013   9:04 pm  Show Profile Check Bas S Warwick's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Bas S Warwick to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Another interesting purchase.

First edition of the Cinderella Stamps of Australia by Bill Hornage.

Valued Member
United Kingdom
219 Posts
Posted 02/12/2013   04:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 65170 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Lithograving and Bas, may I first thank you both for the kind words re the WIFAG document (glad you managed to open it Bas). As with most of our philatelic endeavours, it was a labour of love and it's always nice to know when efforts are appreciated.

By 1995, Southern Colour Print had a miniature sheet and three loose dummy stamps on the theme of local flora at its disposal for promo purposes.

I was at the Singapore 95 stamp show and can confirm that SCP was not in attendance with a stand. However, they were in attendance to meet key existing clients and to look for business among the postal administrations who did have stands, presumably meeting in bars and restaurants as is not uncommon at such events.

Good fortune (right stand, right time, right cheeky!) saw me being presented with a Singapore 95 folder containing the four items mounted using the gum on the reverse of the items. I also subsequently requested unmounted singles, which they kindly supplied by post. All items are illustrated below.

While scanning these items for depiction here, I noted for the first time that all three loose stamps have cut top and bottom edges, with more normal torn vertical edges to the perforations. This leads me to believe that they may have come from horizontal coils. Sadly, it will be impossible to prove now..... unless anyone has se-tenant strips, or maybe the holy grail of a coil leader?

The dummy stamps were designed by Patricia Altman and printed by 300-screen lithography.

I have no other SCP items, nor am I aware of others, but I would welcome scans if anyone can add to the dummy stamp output of this New Zealand printer, please.

GLENN MORGAN

Valued Member
United Kingdom
219 Posts
Posted 02/12/2013   04:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 65170 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have now found my actual SCP Tiger MS, so attach better scans of it.

GLENN MORGAN

Pillar Of The Community
New Zealand
870 Posts
Posted 02/13/2013   12:03 am  Show Profile Check Bas S Warwick's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Bas S Warwick to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Glenn.
Great info and scans - thanks again. That was a very lucky catch - I have not seen any of those shown. If something else crops up I will inform you.

BTW. If you need a better scan of the 1997 SCP. do let me know.
Regards

Pillar Of The Community
New Zealand
870 Posts
Posted 02/13/2013   12:52 am  Show Profile Check Bas S Warwick's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Bas S Warwick to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here's an old Cinderella on the reverse of a WW2 USA cover

'Join the WAC now'
Warda # WW-607 - Vintage Women's Army Corps recruitment vignette as listed in Mark Warda's Political Campaign Stamps catalog. Approximate size: 42mm x 31mm.

Edited by Bas S Warwick - 02/13/2013 12:56 am
Valued Member
Canada
63 Posts
Posted 02/13/2013   05:12 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stampnut to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have many Cinderella stamps..here are just a few that I had on the computer atm.

Page: of 25 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics
  Russian-White Russia 1921 Charity Stamp? Anyone seen this one before?
  UNIPEX STAMP & COIN Show: 2017 Toronto
  French Timbre de Dimension and Quittances stamps
  Need help plating penny red imperf.
  Pan-Am Cover to Borneo????
  What is this "BAR" mark beside this 554 stamp.
  1st post going through gifted stamps
  Different shade of color Scott# 1526
  Interesting US on Mexico Cancel
  I went off and I did it (Scott International)
  information about this error iran stamp ?
  This looks like a strip of 3 26A, but need expert opinion
  When Buying, How Important Are Catalog(ue) Numbers To You In Listings?
  DWI scott 11 normal? arabesque
  Some new revenue document acquisitions
  Italy - stampless letters
  Germany WWII POW covers
  Why web developers lose their hair...Reward to anyone who solves this
  Fluorescent Paper, How to Tell?
  Sunlike kill cancell.
  German postal stationery items ID help needed
  African colonial forerunners
  Greetings from German East Africa
  Fables de la Fontaine
  France Colony, please help!

French Timbre de Dimension and Quittances stamps
  danish classics, show them to me.
  information about this error iran stamp ?
  Pan-Am Cover to Borneo????
  Doves as Symbols of Peace
  Russian-White Russia 1921 Charity Stamp? Anyone seen this one before?
  The Stamps of Turkey : On Steiner Pages.
  Help on Poland Stamps
  I went off and I did it (Scott International)
  Scott 24 V or Va need help on this one??
  UNIPEX STAMP & COIN Show: 2017 Toronto
  Malt Bread Stamp... what IS this??
  Need help plating penny red imperf.
  Album Review: United States Albums
  Reptiles on stamps?
  information about this error Russian stamp ?
  Opinions on Palo albums?
  Scott #10, if Orange Brown, early use. any opinion?
  New Canadian "Kiosk" Stamps
  Most Memorable Acquisition
  ☉ JUBILEE Fever -- The most beautiful issue ever
  Latin Species Names For Plants & Animals
  Happy new year! and share of a Large queen 27iii Major re-entry POS 93
  FIREWORKS on stamps, postmarks, postcards, etc.
  What is this "BAR" mark beside this 554 stamp.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2014 Stamp Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 0.64 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05